Summary: God is great enough to rule this mighty universe, but small enough to live within my heart
Intro: three attributes of God: omnipotent—all powerful, omnipresent—all places at the same time, omniscient-all knowing—today we will look at the third—he knows everything there is to know, about this world, about me, about the future—anything there is to know, He already knows it, best of all-
He Knows My Name
Biblical Text: Psalm 139:1-6 that he knows me, everything thing about me-is too wonderful for me to even totally comprehend:
First, God knows our needs, cares and concerns:
• Matthew 6:32—your heavenly father knows that you need these things—God is watching over us, He knows what we are facing, we are never alone—He knows how to take care of the grass, the flowers, the birds in the sky, He also knows how to take care of His children.
• I Peter 5:7-casting all your care upon Him, because He cares about you—don’t carry your burdens around, cast them to the Lord, He is the burden barer.
• Matthew 6:34—don’t worry about tomorrow, you can take care of that when it gets here, today will have enough challenges in it for you to face. Take one day at a time--
Second, God knows our weaknesses, faults and sins:
• 2 Corinthians 12:9-my grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness—let the weak say, I am strong—let the poor say I am rich—
• I John 1:9-if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness
And third, God knows our potential and possibilities:
• Jeremiah 29:11—I know the thoughts that I think toward you, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end—God has good plans for our lives, not to destroy us, but to bless our lives with good things
Finally, God knows our name—Psalms 139:14—I will praise thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made, and that my souls knows well—
God made us and not we ourselves—we are the sheep of his pasture—
Psalms 37:23-the steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord and he delights in his way—
He bottles our tears
He knows the number of hairs on our head
He writes down in a book of remembrance those that feared the lord and thought upon his name
Close: even though God is all powerful, all places and all knowing—the greatest part of all, “He is never so big, to say we’re too small.” He knows my name.