Summary: When you are confused about God’s presence in your situation you can rest assured that He knows the way that you take.
He Knows The Way That I Take
A. Much of our life is spent looking for direction
II. Israel Coming Out Of Egypt
A. They learned a new song; a song of rejoicing
III. The First Year
A. But 3 days later the band stopped playing
B. They ran out of water and complained
1. God gave them water
2. They did not worship
C. They cried for meat
1. God gave them quail
2. And they did not worship
D. They cried for bread
1. God gave them manna
2. They did not worship
E. But man did they ever become experts at complaining.
1. They got it down to an art
2. All they needed was half a reason and they would light in to God and give Him what for
IV. What They Should Have Done
A. First of all, they should have never forgotten that it was He who had led them out of Egyptian bondage
1. He did not lead them out to let them die on the other side of the Red Sea
2. He did not leave them out so that they would die in the wilderness
3. He did not lead them out so that they would dehydrate within 3 days
B. They should have continued to worship beyond the first day.
1. I believe the lack of water was because there was a lack of worship
2. They worshipped on the first day
3. By the second day the deliverance was old hat to them.
4. What God was looking for was spontaneous, grateful worship.
C. They should have reminded themselves that He knew the way that they took
1. After all, He planned and orchestrated their escape
2. He laid the route out for them
3. By His divine design He road mapped their journey
4. He knew exactly what He was doing
V. What He Was Keeping Them From
A. What Israel failed to realize, and we must realize, is that there are soe things worse than the wilderness
B. What could possibly be worse?
1. What could be worse than running out of water?
2. What could be worse than not having meat?
3. What could be worse than going to bed hungry with no bread to fill you up?
C. It could have been worse if He would have let you go another direction
D. Israel had no idea what God was keeping them from when He led them the way that He did
1. Exodus 13:17 “And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt:”
2. God indeed knew the way that they would take.
3. He could have taken them through the land f the Philistines, which was much shorter
4. Many times shortcuts are not the best route
5. Had they gone that way they would have entered a land of war
6. Talk about trouble; try leaving Egypt only to enter a land of war.
E. Many times we find ourselves in situation we don’t understand
1. We come out of the wilderness of a trial, whether sickness or financial need, spiritual need or emotional need
2. And man, do we ever worship and thank God
3. But 3 days later we seem to run out of steam
4. We start wondering why in the world things are the way they are
5. What we need to do is worship on the second day after deliverance; the third day after; the fourth; the fifth