Summary: The earthly life of Jesus Christ was a very powerful life but the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ gave us the power to become sons of God and partakers of the divine nature.
THEME: IT IS FINISHED
TOPIC: HE LIVES AND REIGNS
MAIN TEXT: EPHESIANS 1:6-14
The Earthly life of Jesus Christ was a very powerful life but the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ gave us the power to become sons of God and partakers of the divine nature - 2 Peter 1:3-4. Jesus Christ resurrected and ascended to Heaven where He is seated at the right hand of His Father - Mark 16:19. And we are seated with Him - Ephesians 2:6, Ephesians 1:21.
BIBLICAL PROOFS OF CHRIST'S RESURRECTION
• The testimony of the Angels - John 20:11-13
• The testimonies of Christ's disciples - John 20:18, 25-31
THE MYSTERIES IN THE CROSS OF JESUS CHRIST
1) it is the power of God - 1 Corinthians 1:8
2) It is the way to God - John 14:6
3) It provides forgiveness of sin - Ephesians 1:7
4) It gives freedom - John 8:36
5) It provides new life - 2 Corinthians 5:17
6) It guarantees everlasting victory - 1 Corinthians 15:54-57
7) It provides eternal place of Joy and Peace - 1 Corinthians 2:9
THE FURTHERANCE OF JESUS' MINISTRY
Before Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven, He gave us clear commands to further spread His ministry of goodnews to the world
3) Baptize men - Matthew 28:19-20
4) Cast out devils - Mark 16:17
Colossians 2:6-7 "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness".