Summary: In this sermon outline we see how God sent His Word and how we today can send His Word. His Word brings hope, faith, salvation and healing today.
HE SENT HIS WORD!
Psalms 107:19-22 (KJV) 19 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses. 20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. 21 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! 22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.
In this sermon outline we see how God sent His Word and how we today can send His Word. His Word brings hope, faith, salvation and healing today.
I. In the beginning God sent the Living Word into the world.
John 1:1 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 (KJV) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
A. The Living Word brought God's love, salvation and healing for the nations.
1. He brought forgiveness, abundant life and the Kingdom of God.
II. Jesus spoke and sent His Word. Matthew 8:7-8 (KJV) 7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. 8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
III. Today God uses the Church and believers to send His Word.
A. How do we do this?
1. We do it by prayer.
a. I believe we should pray the Word.
1. God's Word is God's Will.
b. When we pray God's Will we are praying His Word.
c. We sent the Word through prayer.
d. There is no distance in prayer.
IV. God's other methods of sending His Word today.
A. Printing Bibles and Christian literature
1. Tracts can be like little preachers of faith.
2. We have sent thousands of Bibles from our ministry these past 50 years into many countries.
3. We have printed hundreds of thousands of tracts in many languages.
4. My books have been printed by the thousands in different languages. In this way we have tried to use the printed page to send the Word and reach people with the Good News.
B. Radio, television and films.
C. Churches, Revivals and Crusades preaching the Good News.
D. Living testimonies from God's people sharing, speaking and living the Good News of the Word.
E. Of course so important are the missionaries sent out from Churches to the nations with the Word of God.
V. The devil does not want us to send the Word of God.
1. Because it will set people free, it will bring deliverance, salvation, healing, peace, love and joy. The devil does not want this.
B. The devil want to pervert everything including God's Word.
1. He does it with false teachers.
2. False doctrine.
C. With half-truths. Remember what he said to Eve.
1. I believe God gave Man the knowledge to invent the printing press to print His Word. Man uses it for pornography.
2. God gave Man the knowledge for the radio to preach and send the Word. Man uses it for evil broadcasting of vile lyrics of songs.
3. God gave man the knowledge of films and TV to show His mighty works. Man shows sin and perversion.
VI. May we hide the Word in our hearts, pray and speak His Word today.
For more help and info go to: www.tonyabram.com.