Summary: Hearing God’s Voice through the Bible, God can speak to you through the Bible
Hearing God’s Voice through The Bible
God’s Word is:
Ps 119:89 Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. NIV
2. Our guide in every day things. and our measuring stick
Ps 119: 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet...
3. Light in the darkness
4. With God
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is God?breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, (NIV)
Ro 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. (NIV)
8. A discerner of truth
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double?edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (NIV)
Ro 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. (NIV)
10. Confirmation of eternal life
1Jo 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. (NIV)
11. Food for the soul
1Pe 2:2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, (NIV)
Mt 4:4 Jesus answered, "It is written: `Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’" (NIV)
12. Loved by the saints
13. A devouring flame
14. A life-giving force
Ezekial 37:7 Ezekial & the bones
15. A defensive weapon
How can and does God speak through His Word?
As you go through your life, God wants to speak to you through His Word, whether when you’re reading the Scripture or in everyday situations:
A. A passage may jump out at you.
B. A passage you have read before now seems to have a different or deeper meaning. It draws you back to read it again.
C. A Scripture and/or a Scripture reference comes to your mind (like a still small voice)
D. The part you are reading or meditating on becomes a revelation to you. It’s like a lightbulb going on. The truth of the passage impacts your life. It becomes real to you in your situation.
What do I do with these Scriptures now?
1. Ask God what He is wanting to say. Just speak as you would to a friend, and ask God, “ What does this mean to me today?”
2. Wait and listen. Waiting is one of the hardest things to do. It’s just being still, with no agenda, shutting off our thoughts and being still, expecting to hear from God.
3. Write down things as they come to your mind and heart.
4. Read the scripture again and then pray, wait and write. Again write down the things you hear, the impression you sense.
5. Look for other scriptures and confirmations that will help you understand what God is trying to tell you.