Summary: This is the 21st sermon in the series "The End". This sermon looks at the activities found in Heaven in Revelation 15.
Sunday Evening September 15, 2002 Bel Aire Baptist Church
Series: ¡§The End¡¨ [#21]
1. It is not easy to serve the Lord in today¡¦s world, but for those who are saved during the Tribulation it will even harder.
2. Many Tribulation Saints will lose their lives for the sake of Christ.
Presence Of God
1. We find some of these Tribulation Saints in Heaven. John says that he saw ¡§another great and marvelous sign.¡¨ This is the third great sign seen by John. The first two are found in Revelation 12:1, 3. This sign is the completion of God¡¦s wrath.
2. The scene is before the throne of God. Revelation 4:6 tells us that the ¡§sea of glass¡¨ is before the throne of God.
3. These believers that are standing before God were Tribulation Saints. They had victory over Satan because of their death. Just as these Saints, because of Jesus Christ paying our price and we believing in Jesus as our Savior, we will have victory over Satan also. We too will be able to stand before God.
Praise Of God
1. These Saints will be before God singing praises to Him. They will be singing the song of Moses and the song of the Lamb.
2. The song of Moses is a song of thankfulness for God¡¦s protection and provision of His people. We too should sing songs of praise to God for what He has done for us.
3. The song of the Lamb is also a song of thankfulness and praise. Notice that Jesus is being worshipped as God because He is. Note the characteristics attributed to Christ:
„« Creation: ¡§Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty.¡¨
„« Justice: ¡§Just and true are your ways.¡¨
„« Object of worship: ¡§King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name?¡¨
„« Holiness: ¡§For you alone are holy.¡¨
„« Omnipotence and eternity: ¡§All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.¡¨
Power Of God
1. The Tabernacle of the Temple of God is the Holy of Holies.
2. Out of the Temple came the seven angels that are being sent to pour out God¡¦s wrath. As soon as the angels come out of the Temple, great smoke from the presence of God and His power fills the temple so that neither angels nor human beings can go back into worship until ¡§the seven plagues of the seven angels are completed.¡¨
3. In other words, from the middle of the Tribulation period no created being will have access to the presence of God on His throne until the end of the Tribulation, because God will not be dealing with people in mercy but in judgment.
1. As we prepare to study the last judgment of God upon this earth in the Great Tribulation, we must understand some of the purposes of God for the Tribulation.
„« To introduce a worldwide revival when, under the preaching of the 144,000 servants of God, a multitude will be gathered that no one can count.
„« To destroy the wicked followers of Antichrist who are committed to his way.
„« To break the stubborn will of the nation of Israel.
„« To shake the earth and all things in it so that the peoples¡¦ sense of security will be taken away this will cause some people to look to God.
2. I pray that none here would ever have to face God¡¦s wrath. Surrender to Him before it is too late.
3. Christians, don¡¦t forget to worship and praise God daily for all He has done for you.