Summary: This message helps the listener understand the Biblical interpretation of the millennium by looking at 3 important truths. In this message i compare tv courtroom judges to the real judge.
“Here Comes the Judge”
It’s interesting that there has been such an increase of shows on television that involve the court room. These shows really are all about the judge. He or she is the focus of the program. There is an entire station now devoted to Court TV. It all started with the “people’s Court” and Judge Wopner. Then there were spinoffs with some really tough judges like Judge Judy, Judge Mathis and on an on the list goes. You can tune into court TV and watch people being judged any time you want.
May people seem to be fascinated with being able to watch someone get what is coming to them As long as it is not us. We should all hope that we never have to stand in front of a TV judge.
When I was growing up, as a kid I remembered being told that the final judgment would take place something like this. There was a large curtain that would be pulled back, God would be on his throne and behind the curtain there would be a big screen, like at the movies and a film/video of everything we ever did would be shown on the screen. I got into a good bit of mischief when I was a kid so I thought man this is going to be a long movie. And everyone would face this one at a time their film would be shown. This theory that many of us have heard that there will be one general judgement for everyone is actually not Biblical. There will be judgment but not in the way most of us have pictured it.
Now we are going to look at this chapter in 3 parts and each of these sections contain a very important truth.
First one (1) WE WILL REIGN WITH CHRIST FOR 1000 YEARS. This is referred to as the Millennium. DURING THIS TIME SATAN WILL BE BOUND.
Just as there are several views of the book of Revelation, there are also several views of the Millennium. Briefly there are 4. (1) Amillenialism. The word means no millennium. This takes the view that the book of Revelation is a collection of stories from the past. This makes the book of Revelation merely a history book. Those who believe this teaching do not believe that the millennium is actually 1000 years in length.
(2) Post Millennialism- those who accept this view also do not believe that the Millennium is literally 1000 years in length. They believe that the 2nd coming will follow the Millennium...they just don’t know how long it will last.
(3) PreMillenialism-this is the belief that the 2nd coming of Christ will come before the Millennium. This is what I believe and teach. I will give some reasons in just a moment. During this time Christ will reign from Jerusalem for 1000 years.
(4) Pan Millenialism-this is the belief that it will all “pan out.” No matter what.
Reasons I follow/teach premillenialism.
1. Revelation 20:6 because we will reign with Him, there cannot be a Millennium until He comes back.
2. Revelation 20:1-3 Satan will be bound during the Millenium. The only one who can do that is Jesus. So there cannot be a Millennium until He comes back.
3. Revelation 19:20 The AntiChrist will come before the Millennium. We know that. We know also he will be destroyed before the Millennium. Simply we cannot have a millennium until Jesus comes back.