Summary: Hear the word of the Lord.
HERE IS THE WORD OF GOD
(1) When we receive it gives us light
Ver.130: 130The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
(2) When resorted to it cleanses
Ver.9: 9Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
(3) When retained it preserves
Ver.11: 11Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
(4) When relied on it strengthens
Ver.28: 28My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.
(5) When read it instructs
Ver.148: 148Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.
(6) When reverenced it sanctifies
Ver.161: 161Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.
(7) When rejoiced in it enriches
Ver. 162: 162I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil.