Summary: AN AVERAGE PERSON WITH AN ABOVE AVERAGE VISION
Title: An Above Average Vision
Intro: Here in this text we find an elderly gentleman that is faced with a problem in his life. Abram is about 85 and has no heirs. He has a slave that was born in his house but no blood heir to carry own his name. Abram begins to talk to God about this problem and God gives him a vision, that his children would number as many as the stars, that there would be nations and kingdoms to come from him. And I like what it say’s in the Gen. 15:6 “and he believed in the Lord.” Here is this old man and woman and God say’s “it’s going to happen, you are going to be parents” And he believed. You see the key to fulfilling of a vision is FAITH.
I. Have a positive vision
- You are what you dwell upon
- You become what you focus upon
1. Everyone has a vision it can be positive or negative
- Get a Positive Vision
- Of a positive God
- Who can bring you through Positively
• Either punching bag for Satan
• Tackling dummy for the enemy
2. Our problem is usually with our perspective.
ILL. In a Peanuts comic strip, there was a conversation between Lucy and Charlie Brown. Lucy said that life is like a deck chair. Some place it so they can see where they are going; some place it so they can see where they have been; and some place it so they can see where they are at present. Charlie Brown’s reply: "I can’t even get mine unfolded."
- Perspective determines your attitude
- Attitude determines your altitude
- You must decide what it is that you are going to focus on.
• Attacks of enemy on your finances
• Attacks of enemy on your family
• Attacks of enemy on your health
- You can worry and fret over your problems or you can get a positive vision from God.
3. Get a vision of what you can be in the power and manifestation of the anointing of God.
- I am an overcomer
- I am more than a conquerer
- I can do all things through Christ
- I am a child of the King
- I am anointed
- I am a soul winner
- No weapon formed against me shall prosper
- I will not fear what the devil may bring me
4. You must get a vision from God in you heart
- Focus on God or attack
• You must get a vision of overcoming on the inside to overcome on the outside
• You must see yourself prospering on the inside before you can prosper on the outside
• You must see your family coming to God on the inside before it will happen on the outside
• You must see your marriage restored on the inside before it can happen on the outside
- We must find that quiet place with God get into that closet and shut the door on doubt, fear and disbelief and get a vision from God in our hearts, mind and spirit.
- Isolate yourself from fear & doubt
- What you focus on is what you will believe
5. This is what Paul meant when he said:
Philippians 4:8 (quickview)  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think (Contemplate; Focus; Dwell) on these things.