Summary: He's A Wonderful Saviour To Me
Psalm 40:1-5 He's A Wonderful Saviour To Me
A man fell into a pit and couldn’t get himself out.
- A SUBJECTIVE person said: "I FEEL for you, down there."
- An OBJECTIVE person said: "It’s logical that someone would fall, down there.
- A CHRISTIAN SCIENTIST "You only THINK that you are in a pit."
- A PHARISEE said: "Only BAD people fall into a pit."
- A MATHEMATICIAN calculated HOW he fell into the pit.
- A NEWS REPORTER wanted the exclusive story on his pit.
- CONFUCIUS"If you would have listened to me, you would not be in that pit."
- BUDDHA said: "Your pit is only a state of mind."
- A REALIST said: "That’s a PIT."
- A SCIENTIST calculated the pressure necessary to get him out of the pit.
- A GEOLOGIST told him to appreciate the rock strata in the pit.
- AN EVOLUTIONIST said
"You are a rejected mutant destined to be removed from the evolutionary cycle."
He is going to DIE in the pit, so that he cannot produce any "pit-falling offspring
- The COUNTY INSPECTOR asked if he had a permit to dig a pit.
- A PROFESSOR gave him a lecture on: "The Elementary Principles of the Pit."
- An EVASIVE person came along and avoided the subject of his pit altogether
- A SELF-PITYING personYou haven’t seen anything until you’ve seen MY PIT
- An OPTIMIST said: "Things COULD be worse."
- A PESSIMIST said: "Things WILL get worse!!"
- JESUS, seeing the man, took him by the hand and LIFTED HIM OUT of the pit
I. He Brought Me Up: Salvation
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit
A. The Pit Defined. - an horrible pit - Pit Of:- Sin, Strife, Sorrow, Suffering, Separation.
B. The Pit Described
1. It was a Deep pit. No way out. 2. It was a Dark pit. No light. 3. It was a Deadly pit.
A. The DEPTH of the pit demands a Saviour:-
Isa 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
B. The DARKNESS of the pit demands a Saviour:-
C. The DRYNESS of the pit demands a Saviour:-
John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Man who went to see Dr with Depression - Dr. advised to go/circus & see Bobo the Clown who was making the whole town laugh. - I am Bobo the Clown
D. The DEPRESSION of the Pit: demands a Saviour:- horrible pit
E. The DEATH of the Pit: demands a Saviour:- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
C. Deliverance from the pit -
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Jonah 2:9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.
II. He Set Me Up: Security - 2 "and set my feet upon a rock"
Ps 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
1. He is the Rock of ages. 2. He is the solid foundation Rock.
Isa. 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation:
3. A lofty Rock - The word “rock” refers to a “high cliff.”
Psa. 61:2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
… the thought of being on the rock as the place of Security (Exodus 33:22),
And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
the place of Sufficiency (1 Cor10:4) And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ
and the place of Serenity Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee 4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
"When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay."
"On Christ, the solid Rock I stand; All other ground is sinking sand,