Summary: With the troubles of this world we must remember, He’s Still Able.
“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,”
Introduction: Tonight we want to look at 25 simple words that should give some assurance that He’s still able. If you don’t believe me count them.
Now (that’s the present)
unto him (that’s the person)
that is able (that’s His power)
to keep you (that’s his protection)
from falling (that’s to make you perfect),
and to present you faultless (that’s to make you pure)
before the presence of his glory (that’s His prestige)
with exceeding joy (that’s our pleasure).
1. Now- This word suggests a sense of urgency. Something must take place immediately. But the word “now” is special all by itself.
2. The word now is found man times in the word of God.
Ecclesiastes 12:1 “Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth”
I John 3:2 “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”
Psalms 119:67 “Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.”
John 13:7 “Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.”
John 16:12 “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.”
1. The word now is showing some urgency. But urgency of what? Keep looking at the text.
II. “UNTO HIM”
1. Well Jude talking about Jesus. That’s who him is.
2. Him: The one that’s existed before a when or where.
Him: The one that’s co-created the universe.
Him: The one that’s took a ball of helium and hydrogen and place it in the sky.
Him: The one that’s sat on a great throne in glory.
Him: The one that’s came down through forty and two generations.
Him: The one that’s Mary’s little baby.
Him: The one that taught like a scholar at the age of 12..
Him: The one that was baptized by his cousin at the age of 30.
Him: The one that walked this earth for 33 ½ years.
Him: The one that gave his all for us.
3. Let’s make it a little more personal:
He’s my bread when I’m hungry.
He’s my water when I’m thirsty.
He’s my friend when I’m friendless.
He’s my doctor when I’m sick.
He’s my lawyer when I’m in trouble.
He’s my bridge over troubled waters.
We’re talking about Jesus. But what about Jesus.
III. “THAT IS”
1. The text goes on by saying “that is”. Hebrews 13:8 implies that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
2. Understand back in the day Jesus walked this earth, he was able to perform some miraculous miracles. If you don’t believe me look at your bible and see what he did back then.
• He turned a pitch of water into some priceless wine. (back then)
• He fed over 5,000 with 2 sardines and 5 biscuits. (back then)
• He healed men of a deadly disease called leprosy. (back then)
• He defied the powers of nature and stopped a fierce storm by saying “Peace Be Still”. (back then)
• He turned a cemetery dwelling maniac into a traveling evangelist. (back then)
• He opened blinded eyes. (back then)