Summary: Heaven will be more than any believer could ever imagine.
1- I have seen some incredibly beautiful places. (Israel, the Rockies, Canada - Operative word is incredible - Awed beyond words.)
2- One day I will see this scene for myself!
3- I closed my eyes and imagined what I will think that moment. (What would you be thinking?)
The moment I see the New Jerusalem I know I will be stuck with several realizations.
1- I Made It! “Free at last, free at last, Great God Almighty, I’m free at last”!!!!
“Whosoever” really meant whosoever!!! (Jn. 3:16; Rom. 10:13)
1. Of course I have heard all of the spiritual things people say they are going to do when they get to heaven.
2. “Mansion nest door to Jesus”, “Look for me at Jesus’ feet”, etc.
3. The first thing I think I will do is shout “I make it!!!!”
4. Not that I doubt the effectiveness of Christ’s Blood – I don’t.
5. I am still even after 25 years of ministry awed at His amazing grace – When I get there it will be by grace!
2- God Kept His Word.
John 14:1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
Heb 11:10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
Heb 13:14 For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.
Rev 3:12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.
Phil 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Saviour from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
1. The very moment my feet touch the streets of God I will have the final payment of my faith in God’s Word.
2. He has certainly been faithful.
3. But to stand on the “sea of glass” will be the absolute ultimate reminder that God keeps His Word!
3- Jesus’ Sacrifice Was More Than Enough For Me.
Heb 9:12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption.
1. I will know beyond any shadow of a doubt that Jesus’ sacrifice was totally sufficient.
2. We are “complete in Him” Col. 2:10
3. In a world were we constantly fret over lack it is hard to imagine the full weight of God’s mercy.
4. Every time someone offers us something free – we find it to be just a gimmick.
5. No so with Jesus, His faithfulness now imparts confidence for the future.
4- Every Pain is Gone Forever. (Every kind of pain – all causes)
1 Cor 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. -- 1 Cor 15:54-58
1. This is a blessing older people understand more than do younger.
2. After the age of 40 it seems that most of my new sensations have been symptoms.
3. Not just the removal of physical pain, but all pain. (Spiritual, Emotional, Relational and Physical)
5- All Opportunity to Witness to the Lost Has Pasted.
1. There are two things you won’t be able to do in glory.
a. The first is sin.
b. The second is win any one to Jesus.
2. We are running out of time.
3. We are living in a wonderful day of opportunity.
4. Let us seize the day!
6- There is No More Godlessness.
Ps 37:10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found. 11 But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace.
Pr 10:24 What the wicked dreads will overtake him; what the righteous desire will be granted. 25 When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm for ever.
Rev 22:3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.