Summary: This is the 28th and last sermon in the series "The End". This sermon takes another look at the New Jerusalem and some last comments from the book of Revelations.
Sunday Morning November 10, 2002 Bel Aire Baptist Church
Series: “The End” [#28]
“HOME SWEET HOME” (Part 2)
1. Last week we studied the eternal home of Christians. This morning we are going to continue this study as we complete our series, “The End”.
2. As we look at Revelation 22 this morning, let me remind you that it is only because of what was done on the cross that we might have eternal life. Who was the perfect One that was the Lamb slain for the World?
3. What a day that will be, when I get to see Jesus face to face.
There are 6 description of Heaven found in the first five verse of Chapter 22.
1. Revelation 22:1 “Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb.”
We cannot live without water. God is the source of our living water.
2. Revelation 22:2 “On each side of the river stood the trees of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month”.
When Adam and Eve sinned, God forbad them to eat of the Tree of Life.
The Tree of Life makes a person live forever. The fruit of this tree will always produce fruit year around.
Revelation 22:2 “And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.”
This is just showing us that in Heaven we will all get along. Nation will not be fighting nation.
3. Revelation 22:3 “No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.” The curse that God placed upon the earth because of Adam and Eve’s sin is forever gone. There ill be no more rebellion.
4. Revelation 22:4 “They will see his face, and his name will be on their forehead.”
5. Revelation 22:5 “There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.”
6. Revelation 22:5 “And they will reign for ever and ever.”
In this chapter are also 3 promises and 1 warning.
1. Revelation 22:7 “Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book.” Blessed means to be happy.
2. Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according what he has done.”
3. Revelation 22:10 “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book because the time is near.” It is interesting to note that God told Daniel to “close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end.” (Daniel 12:4).
1. I can’t wait until Christ comes again.
2. I hope that your response to this statement is the same as John’s, “Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.”
3. Are you ready?
1. Are you thirsty for something that will last forever? Come!
2. Have you received the free gift of the water of life? If not, come!
3. Are you ready?