Summary: Necessary steps in defeating our spiritual enemy, the devil.
“How To Win A War”
I Tim. 1:18-20
· Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
--John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address Washington, D.C. January 20, 1961
· The word ‘war’ is used 225 times in the King James Bible
· Many times it is used to refer to what others did or plan to do to God’s people, Israel.
· Other times it is used to refer to what Israel was commanded to do to someone else
· Nonetheless, if a country is to engage in war, they must have a strategy for victory.
· You see, having no plan, is a plan; a plan for defeat. But having a plan helps secure, but does not guarantee, victory.
· What is your plan for defeating the devil in your life?
I. Remember the fight was brought to us, 18
A. When we accepted Christ as our Savior
B. When we chose to live for Christ
C. When we began recruiting from the enemies army
II. Rely on superior weapons, 19a (II Cor. 10:4-6)
A. Our weapons are spiritual, not carnal, II Cor. 10:4a
B. Our weapons are for pulling down strongholds, II Cor. 10:4b-6
III. Realize there will be causalities, 19b-20
A. Because they are on the wrong side
B. Because they have let go of their faith, 19a
C. Because they have let go of a good conscious
D. Because they have become ‘shipwrecked’ in life
· I received an email from someone show a soldier being baptized in the Middle East. Could this man have come to Jesus in the States? Yes, but did he? No. It wasn’t until he was taken half way around the world, that he answered the call of Christ to be born again.
· Again, I ask, what is your plan for defeating the devil in your life?