Summary: Gratitude of the Believer demonstrated in Christian walk.
HOW CAN I EVER THANK YOU LORD?
Introduction: Andrae Crouch in his song My Tribute wrote, "How can I say thanks for the things You have done for me. Things so undeserved, yet You give to prove Your love for me. The voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude. All that I am and ever hope to be, I owe it all to Thee." When I consider all that God has done for each of us, the same question comes to my mind. How can I, How can we ever say thanks to the Lord. Paul in writing to the Colossians provides us with three ways that you and I can express our gratitude to the Lord in a manner which will please him.
I. You and I can say thank you by walking FAITHFULLY with Christ
A. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
2. When you came to Christ for salvation, you came on the basis that you could do nothing in and of yourself to merit eternal life. You had to rely completely on the finished work of Christ alone by faith.
3. As you seek to walk the Christian road of life, you need to realize the same truth that you cannot in and of yourself walk the walk. Victory is only found in walking with Christ by faith.
5. Galatians 2:20 (quickview)  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
B. As you walk by faith walk with Christ as Lord.
1. In coming to Christ for salvation, one is to surrender their life completely over to Him.
3. To walk with Christ is to surrender to His lordship on a daily basis.
5. We die by living to ourselves--we live by dying to ourselves.
6. M. H. Miller (1904-) CONSECRATION IS HANDING GOD A BLANK SHEET TO FILL IN WITH YOUR NAME SIGNED AT THE BOTTOM.
7. I LOVE JESUS, BUT WANT TO HOLD ON TO MY OWN FRIENDS EVEN WHEN THEY DO NOT LEAD ME CLOSER TO JESUS. I LOVE JESUS, BUT WANT TO HOLD ON TO MY OWN INDEPENDENCE EVEN WHEN IT BRINGS ME NO REAL FREEDOM. I LOVE JESUS, BUT DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THE RESPECT OF MY PROFESSIONAL COLLEAGUES EVEN THOUGH THEIR RESPECT DOES NOT MAKE ME GROW SPIRITUALLY. I LOVE JESUS, BUT DO NOT WANT TO GIVE UP MY WRITING, TRAVEL, AND SPEAKING PLANS EVEN WHEN THEY ARE OFTEN MORE TO MY GLORY THAN GOD’S.
II. You and I can say thank you by walking STEADFASTLY in Christ
A. Walk as mature believers
1. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him,
2. The believer is to be mature having deeply established roots in the ground of faith.