Summary: Imagine if you are at home and lets say either your kids are making enough racket to shake the walls or you have your stereo or television blasting real loud. Do you think you would hear someone at your door? Most likely you would miss whoever tried to
By Millie Pisano
How are things in your life?
Are you happy-sad-or mad?
What kind of day have you had?
Is your life filled with splendid walks?
And endless talks
And gazing at the sky
Is there a smile upon your face?
And you know the reason why
Is your step a little easier?
And a flutter fills your heart
Now if you want to feel these thing’s
I’ll show you where to start
Kneel upon your knee
And close your eyes
And talk with feeling’s true
Tell the Lord “you need Him”
I’m sure He knows you do
Tell the Lord “you realize
Your path is very rough
The pain and sorrow and despair
It’s time you had enough
Ask the Lord to heal you
And make you whole again
And the only way to do that
Is let the Savior in
Let Him change your life
With feelings that are new
Only then you’ll realize
He is here with you”
And now you know the reason
And the answers why
For splendid walks
And endless talk’s
And gazing at the sky
“How Do You Spend Your Time?”
When was the last time you actually “smelled the roses” so to speak?
Lately I have listened as my friends and even some strangers in passing have said:
“There is not enough time in the day to do all that they would like to do.”
I too can be guilty of that statement also from time to time.
I would like to share with you some of these interesting facts that I came across:
1. An average day is actually 23hrs. 56 mins 4.09 seconds. Leap year makes up for this shortfall
2. One year contains: 31,557,600 seconds
3. An average person spends 55 mins a day getting showered; dressed; groomed. That is a total 335hrs. 25 mins. a year
4. The average person works 40 hrs a week and that comes to 2,080 hrs a year
5. An average person spends 2yrs of their lifetime talking on a phone
6. 24yrs is spent sleeping by the time your 75 years of age
7. We spend 6months of our lives waiting at red lights.
8. A person will spend at least 750 hrs. a year in a car/bus traveling somewhere.
9. Neilsen Family Survey states that an average American watches television 5 hrs a day- 35hrs a wk.-That comes to:1,820 hrs a year!
10. A person over the age of fifty will have spent 1 yr. looking for lost items and a total 5yrs waiting in lines. (“I think I met my quota already”)
Then I wondered further what is the average prayer time someone will have with God. And from what I learned an average person prays for only 10 mins a day. That is 70 mins a week.
And that comes to only 60 hrs. and 40 mins a year!
How ironic, that we spend more time working; grooming; watching television then spending time with the One who created us.
“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
Key point here is “Hears My voice”
Imagine if you are at home and lets say either your kids are making enough racket to shake the walls or you have your stereo or television blasting real loud. Do you think you would hear someone at your door? Most likely you would miss whoever tried to come by to visit. It is the same way with busy lives. When we spend so much time running around, that often times we miss when God wants to speak to us.
As I think about that verse that I just read to you, I recall seeing a picture when I was child. Have you ever seen it? It’s a picture where Jesus is standing at the door and He’s knocking on it? Did you ever take notice to the fact that there is NO doorknob on the outside of the door? The doorknob is on the inside part.
It is up to you to turn the doorknob and allow Jesus to come in and to sit with you, and for you to express your heart to Him.
Once a friend of mine said that she found it hard to get into prayer and just felt a bit lost doing it. I told her I called it “Rock Sitting.” Yep, that made her give me a double take when I told her that. I then asked her to close her eyes for a second and visualize a rock. On this rock sits Jesus and beside Him is a niche that is cut out just for you. It is a special niche that fits your body size (small; medium; large). Place yourself on that rock and just talk with Him.