Summary: A message on how to be saved.
INTRO: Salvation is a word that people don’t like to hear today. When you mention salvation, you are classed as being a religious fanatic. Yet the question still remains: "How shall we escape, if we neglect so great Salvation?"
I. THE QUESTION IS UNANSWERABLE.
A. If I go to a leading merchant.
1. He will tell me how to run a business.
2. When I ask him the question, he couldn’t answer it.
B. If I go to the leading lawyer.
1. He can explain all the laws.
2. He can’t answer the question, either.
C. If I go to the best doctors.
1. They can explain all matters of illness.
2. They can’t answer the question.
D. Should I go to a lost world.
1. They couldn’t answer the question.
2. The question is unanswerable, all must have salvation to
II. WHAT ARE WE ESCAPING FROM?
A. Our first thought of salvation is that we are saved from Hell.
That is true, but you only begin to live as a Christian.
1. No man begins to live until he accepts Christ.
2. Multitudes of people exist, but no one lives.
B. You can’t determine Hell by scientific investigation.
1. A man who steals doesn’t believe in prison, but it’s still
2. Not believing in Hell doesn’t make it cease to exist.
3. You cannot eliminate from the Bible the things that you don’t
like to hear.
C. You can’t afford to neglect salvation.
1. You can’t afford to neglect your education—and grow up igno
2. You can’t afford to neglect your health—and go to a premature
3. You can’t afford to neglect your crops—and expect to get a
4. You can’t afford to neglect your business—and become bank
5. But it would be much better to neglect all these than to
neglect salvation and go to Hell.
III. THEY HAD BEEN WARNED.
A. There are men in Hell who have heard wagon loads of sermons.
1. They were warned.
2. They refused to heed the warning.
B. Men and women go to hell by choice, not because God wants to
C. We must pay old debts.
1. Suppose a man robbed a bank then moved to a distant city.
2. Ten years later he is caught for the bank robbery
D. The law says that a boy is accountable at the age of six or
1. He can be placed in a reformatory at that age.
2. Pity the mother or father who says that their child is to
young to join the Church at a young age.
E. You can make all kinds of resolutions of things that you won’t
do, and when you die, you will go to Hell.
IV. THROW OUT THE LIFELINE.
A. Story of the insane man on board ship.
B. This type of insanity is present in the world today.
1. Men and women are struggling in sin.
2. God throws out the lifeline, and we push it back.
C. Story of the sailor who fell off the mast of his ship.
D. We need to grip the lifeline of Christ for our life.