Summary: Never a sickness that He cannot heal. Never a sorrow that He cannot cheer. Never a problem that He cannot resolve Never a worry cause He still on the throne.
How Jesus Used Healing in His Ministry
Many people fail to understand God’s greater purposes for physical suffering. Instead of allowing the disciples to drag the Lord into a complicated discussion about sin and suffering, Jesus stated an important fact about sickness when He said, "This blind man did not sin nor did his parents. But he was allowed to be born blind so that the works of God could be displayed in his life." (John 9;3,4)Do not despair or get discouraged when you are suffering from a physical ailment. The Lord has allowed it to come in to your life in order that the greater works of God could be displayed through you. His all sufficient grace is more than enough for whatever thorn in the flesh you are suffering with. The following are principles of how Jesus used healing in His ministry:
1. Spiritual wellness is always more important to Jesus than physical healing. The Lord knows that our spiritual condition greatly affects our emotionally, mentally and physically health. Do not assume that people are suffering because of something they have done wrong. God may allow infirmities to come into our life so that we may accomplish His greater purposes in His power. The Lord Jesus knew that problems almost always precede miracles of healing, deliverance and God’s special working in peoples’ lives. Thank God in advance for how He will be able to work all things together for your benefit. Even a painful illness that seems to be chronic.
2. Jesus never overlooks anyone who calls to Him for help. A lowly beggar-blind man called out to Jesus and the disciples only had an academic interest in him. The love of Jesus is more important than academic issues. People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care.
3. Jesus Christ’s teaching ministry is accented by miraculous works, healing or signs and wonders. Never underestimate God’s ability to use any situation for a display of His power to deliver. Many people in the developing world are drawn to the Lord by His demonstrations of power, deliverance and healing.
4. Remember that God’s higher purposes are contained in God’s sovereign will that may not be understandable to us at this time. He works in ways that we often do not understand. "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law." (Deut. 29:29)
5. Do not be discouraged by cynics who continue to doubt the legitimacy of God’s power to perform supernatural works. Our God is able to do whatever He wants with whomever He wants for whatever reason. His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.(Isa. 55:8,9)
6. Physical limitations and sufferings help us remember that we are only strangers and pilgrims on this earth. We are not to put too much trust, hope or confidence in our human frailty. Even though youth grow weary and tired and strong men will someday stumble badly, but they who wait on God will renew their strength.