Summary: There is no greater attractive force than love. Every person hungers to love and to be loved. The Holy Spirit pulls people to Jesus Christ with a powerful magnetic attraction that is superhuman and greater than any mind can comprehend.
1. The Holy Spirit draws people to Jesus Christ with the power of love. Paul wrote, "The fruit of the Spirit is love." (Gal. 5:22) There is no greater attractive force than love. Every person hungers to love and to be loved.
The Holy Spirit pulls people to Jesus Christ with a powerful magnetic attraction that is superhuman and greater than any mind can comprehend.
Application: Ask the Lord to fill you with all the qualities of God’s love so that you are able to win many to faith in Christ and bring them into a closer relationship with our Lord.
2. The Holy Spirit attracts people to Jesus Christ with His peace that passes human understanding. The people of the world hunger for personal, social, and cultural peace, yet they usually look for it in the wrong places. Jesus said,
"Peace, I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)
Application: Ask the Lord to fill you with the Spirit’s peace to help you cope with all the stresses, pressures and problems that drive others to anger, fear or depression.
3. The Holy Spirit invites people to fellowship with Jesus Christ. The Spirit gives us His sweet companionship assuring us of His powerful, protective and comforting presence. Paul wrote,
"May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." (2 Cor. 13:14)
Application: Ask the Lord to constantly give you the reassurance of His abiding presence, power and protection from all harm.
4. The Holy Spirit uses people’s social-cultural incentives to bring people to Christ. Dr. Luke wrote, "Now as they observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled because they had been with Jesus." (Acts 4:13)
The Holy Spirit uses transformed lives to motivate people to come to Christ for similar benefits.
5. The Holy Spirit uses people’s need for sympathy, compassion and comfort to lure people to greater intimacy with Christ. Everyone needs a friend, especially during times of loss, defeat or rejection. Paul wrote,
"He comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." (2 Cor. 1:4)
Application: Ask the Lord to give struggling believers a special measure of the Spirit’s comforting during their times of affliction and loss.
6. The Holy Spirit appeals to people’s desires for personal, family and social freedom. Jesus said,
"If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free...So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." (John 8:31,32,36)
Application: Pray with others on how the Holy Spirit wants to help set them free from all kinds of slavery to sin, mis-beliefs and wrong perceptions.
7. The Holy Spirit allures people with demonstrations of success, strength, and meaningfulness. Dr. Luke wrote about the success enjoyed by those who let the Spirit of God direct them to full commitment to Christ.