1. The Holy Spirit gives us the ability to bounce back from defeats,
discouragements or difficulties. Paul wrote, "As servants of God we commend ourselves in every way; in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger... in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love." (2 Cor. 6:4-6) Ask the Lord to give you great resiliency when you encounter various trials, tests and troubles.
2. The Holy Spirit gives us resiliency when we are looked down upon by elders. Paul wrote to Timothy, "Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young. But in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself to be an example to the believers." (I Tim. 4:12) Ask the Lord to be an example in all dimensions of your relationships and ministries through the power of the Spirit.
3. The Holy Spirit gives us resiliency to recover after shameful performances. Peter knew something about the Spirit's about to help him recover after his infamous public rejection of Jesus. Yet, Peter learned great lessons from his mistakes when he wrote, "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His glory and goodness." (2 Pet. 1:3,4) Ask the Lord to help you recover from all types of sins of omission, commission, disposition and wrong assumptions.
4. The Holy Spirit gives us resiliency when we are experiencing terrible hardships. Job wrote, "Lord, now I know you can do all things and no purpose of yours can be thwarted." (Job 42:1,2) Ask the Lord to help you appropriate the Spirit's resiliency whenever you are suffering through hardships of all types.
5. The Holy Spirit gives resiliency to anyone who will trust and obey the Lord and His word. Paul, the apostle showed resilience when he met up with Jewish resistance. Paul heard the Lord's Spirit whisper, "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city. So Paul stayed for a year and half in Corinth, teaching them the word of God." (Acts 18:9-11) Ask the Lord to help you prevail over all resistance with the Spirit's leading.
6. The Holy Spirit gives resiliency to those who are willing to fight the good fight of faith. Paul, the apostle, showed great resiliency throughout his 35 years of difficult ministry. He wrote, "You, (Timothy), however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, persecutions, sufferings, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them." (2 Tim. 3:10) The Lord's Spirit is able to rescue, restore and strengthen us through all the battles we engage in for His purposes.
7. The Holy Spirit gives resiliency to those who are of a humble and contrite heart. We can be assured that God exalts those who humble themselves before Him. Solomon wrote, "By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, honor and life." (Proverbs 22:4) Ask the Lord for a humble heart that relies on God for all things.