1. The Holy Spirit uses kindness in a leader to enhance trust. Most people do not care how much a teacher knows until they know how much they care. Paul wrote, "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." (Eph. 4:31,32) Ask the Lord to help you be kind and caring to everyone in your sphere of relationships and ministries as God cares for you.
2. The Holy Spirit uses kindness to bring people to repentance. Paul wrote, "But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy." (Titus 3:5) Ask the Lord to help you win many people to a saving faith in Jesus Christ through greater demonstrations of kindness in your relationships and ministries.
3. The Holy Spirit makes use of kindness to soften the hearts of resistant people. Paul wrote, "Do not think lightly of the riches of His kindness, tolerance and patience. Realize that God’s kindness leads you to repentance." (Rom. 2:4) Ask the Lord to use your kindness to break down walls of resistance in people as they come to appreciate the free mercy, grace and loving kindness of the Lord.
4. The Holy Spirit capitalizes on the kindness shown by leaders to motivate more people to get involved with Christian service. Peter wrote, "In your brotherly kindness, show Christian love." (2 Pet. 1:7) Ask the Lord to use your kind disposition to attract more volunteers for service both inside and outside of the church. Only as people appreciate the Lord’s unmerited kindness will they feel like giving freely. Jesus said, "Freely we have received, therefore, freely give." (Matt. 10:8)
5. The Holy Spirit injects leaders with kindness to give an example of Christ like love. Paul wrote, "The fruit of the Spirit is kindness..." (Gal. 5:22,23) Ask the Lord to help you grow in your Christlikeness as you allow the Spirit to develop you into a kinder person in all the dimensions of your life.
6. The Holy Spirit employs kindness to strengthen internal relationships within your organization. Jesus said, "Do to others (Show kindness) as you would want them to do to you." (Matt. 7:12 & Luke 6:31) Ask the Lord to help you increase in your ability to initiate kindness rather than waiting for it to be shown to you first for the improving of relationships in your church.
7. The Holy Spirit bestows greater blessings on leaders, while sparing them from chastisement, who are kind to others. Paul wrote, "Consider, therefore, the kindness and sternness of God; sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in His kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off." (Rom. 11:22) Ask the Lord to help you experience greater blessings as you demonstrate more mature kindness in your relationships, family life and ministries.
8. The Holy Spirit empowers leaders who are kind. Paul wrote, "As servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses... in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love." (2 Cor. 6:4) Ask the Lord to help you gain a greater sense of God’s empowerment during your difficult days as you decide to show kindness by faith. Trust the Lord to help you avoid putting any stumbling blocks in anyone’s path by failing to show them kindness.