Summary: The Holy Spirit catalyzes change in people, situations and organizations. A catalyst is someone that precipitates change without being altered in the process. The Spirit has a clear view of every person’s heart and mind so that He knows what changes are n
1. The Holy Spirit catalyzes change in people, situations and organizations. A catalyst is someone that precipitates change without being altered in the process. The Spirit has a clear view of every person’s heart and mind so that He knows what changes are necessary. Paul wrote,
"And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will." (Romans 8:27)
Application: Ask the Lord for help in catalyzing positive changes in the people, situation and organization you are working with.
2. The Holy Spirit uses a variety of gifts, abilities and personalities to affect change. God is able to harmonize a wide diversity of gifts, talents and personalities for the most effective change in people and organizations. Paul wrote,
"There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good." (I Cor. 12:6,7)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you understand and cooperate with the way the Spirit is harmonizing a wide variety of peoples’ gifts, abilities and personalities to effect His changes in you and the church.
3. The Holy Spirit acts as an effective power broker in bringing about spiritual changes. The Holy Spirit’s authority is able to influence people with the wise use of His power in affecting change. Paul wrote,
"God has not given us the spirit of fear, but a Spirit of power, love and discipline." (2 Tim. 1:7)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you appropriate the power given to you in the Spirit and in His precious promises
4. The Holy Spirit acts as a solution giver so that His changes will cause Christ’s kingdom and righteousness to grow. The Spirit does not quickly offer solutions to problems until people are really ready to obey His directives. Paul wrote,
"To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit." (I Cor. 12:8)
Application: Ask the Lord to connect you, by the Spirit’s empowerment, to people who are able to supply you with the wisdom, knowledge and skill to accomplish the very best of God’s purposes, plans and processes.
5. The Holy Spirit helps you network with people who are specialists in certain areas where changes are needed. The Spirit is able to connect you with a wide variety of people, organizations and resources that will enable you to effect the greatest changes for Christ and His kingdom. Paul wrote,
"But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other." (I Cor. 12:24,25)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you network with people who are specialists in areas where the most strategic changes are needed for the accomplishing of His will.
6. The Holy Spirit is able to help you negotiate the best solution to perplexing problems. The Spirit helps us confer with all kinds of people, organizations and resources to bring about the best solution for our problems.
The Spirit has unique abilities to facilitate the resolution of conflicts using the best ideas, people and resources. Dr. Luke wrote of Paul’s Spirit led negotiations before King Agrippa,
"King Agrippa, I consider myself fortunate to stand before you today as I make my defense against all the accusations of the Jews... Therefore, I beg you to listen to me patiently." (Acts 26:2,3)
Application: Ask the Lord to give you wise negotiating skills to bring about the best solution to your perplexing problems.
7. The Holy Spirit gives greater clarification during times of confusion. The Spirit gives people the ability to make things easier for others to understand in terms they are familiar with. The Holy Spirit often has to filter out the impure emotions, motives and partial truths before people are able to clearly see the whole counsel of God. Paul wrote,
"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance and his incomparably great power for us who believe." (Eph. 1:18)
Application: Ask the Lord to give clarification during times of confusion, uncertainty, or doubt.
8. The Holy Spirit is able to act as a process helper in carrying you through the struggles God wants you to endure. Paul wrote, "The God of all grace... after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." (I Pet. 5:10)
Application: Ask God for help in carrying you through to the completion of His will in your character development, your relationships and your ministries.