Summary: God has called every member to The Ministry. Here’s 10 Biblical Directives which charge us all to answer the call. Link to formatted version & Powerpoint included.
How to be a Prime Minister
I Pet. 4:10
[Hundreds of free sermons and Powerpoints at website...link at bottom!]
A. To be a minister you don’t have to go to Bible College/know Greek/be multi-talented/be great looking!
B. To be a minister you don’t have to be VERBAL/extrovert
C. To be a minister you don’t have to be on CHURCH LETTERHEAD. (typo: Tom Graham—Pastor)
Church in TN: sign outside--Minister: every member.
D. To be a minister you don’t even have to be MALE.
1. In the NT church are all ministers male? (NO!)
2. Important to recognize in Scripture the extent to which women were involved in ministry of church:
a. Luke 8:3--women financially supported Jesus.
b. Phil. 4:3--contended at side for cause of gospel.
c. Acts 18:18--Priscilla & Aquila teach Apollos.
d. Romans 16--25 names--nearly half are women!
3. These women were not just staffing the nursery and baking cookies!
Every Christian is:
1. Created for ministry - Eph. 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
2. Saved for ministry - II Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
3. Called into the ministry - I Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
4. Gifted for ministry - I Peter 4:10
As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
5. Authorized for ministry - Matt. 28:19-20 (permission!)
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
6. Commanded to enter the ministry - Matt. 20:26-28
But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
7. Prepared for ministry - Eph. 4:11-12
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
8. Needed for ministry - I Cor. 12:27 (each imp’t)
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
9. Rewarded according to ministry - Col. 3:23-24
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
10. Benefited by the ministry – CS 101 [Common sense tells us this!]