Summary: gives a hint of how to become effective in sharing the Gospel
How Do I Plan To Become More Effective In Sharing Christ?
“We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.” 2 Cor 5:20
I. The preaching of the good news, the sharing of Christ is the mission that Christ has for us. We are Christ’s ambassadors and God is calling the world to reconciliation through Christ using us.
II. I need to be more effective. The Pocket Oxford Dictionary defines the word effective as “Producing the intended result.” (Electronic copy). How do I plan to produce the intended results better?
1. By becoming more aware of who Christ is.
2. By learning to know people.
I. Becoming more aware of who Christ is.
A. Knowing Christ is the basis for becoming more effective of sharing Him.
1. Before we can share Christ, we need to know Christ.
2. We can know Christ only from the accounts of the gospel. Mathew, Mark, Luke and John show us who Christ is.
B. The world history gives facts about Christ, but it cannot show us the reality of Jesus. The secular historians picture Jesus as a good teacher, a good man, a man of good morals, but not for who He really is: The Christ of God!
C. The way to become more aware is to live more with Him.
1. We live with Christ through the study of the Bible.
2. We live with Christ through the prayer life.
3. We live with Christ through spending time with fellow believers.
II. Learning to know people.
A. To be effective in sharing Christ with people there is a need to know people. How can I know people better?
1. By spending time with people.
2. By building relationships.
3. Learning to listen better.
B. Another way to learn about people is to study the Bible more.
1. Solomon tells us, “What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.” Ecc. 1:3.
2. The patterns of people behavior do not change much. The Bible is full of examples of people sharing truth about God, and different responses. The book of Acts gives us most of those cases the preaching of the gospel. I need to learn to all this different responses and be aware of them, in order that when I share with others I can know what to expect and prepare myself to talk with different types of character.
The preaching of the Good News is the greatest privilege we have. We are Christ’s ambassadors and God is calling the world to reconciliation through Christ using us. I plan to become more effective in sharing Christ with others by becoming more aware of who Christ is, and by learning to know people better.