Summary: Paul’s description of himself
How To Become A Dynamic Christian
Paul, a bondservant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart unto the gospel of God,
• Do you have a desire to be a dynamic believer in Jesus Christ.
To be the real thing instead of playing religious games?
Years ago the Emperor of China had a famous orchestra.
One particular member of the group did not have any real musical talent but had simply weaseled his way into as a member. During the concerts he would always pretend to play but loved the attention and the money he was paid.
One day the Emperor had a idea. He wanted to have each member of the Orchestra play him a special solo performance. The man whose life was only pretend realized he couldn’t escape having to admit his lie and ended up committing suicide.
This event coined the phrase we still use today of being unwilling to ‘face the music’.
• Are you the real thing? What if your Christianity became a solo act? ‘Give your testimony’ ‘Share your faith’….one day we will all stand before Jesus the King and give a solo performance!
• PAUL WAS THE REAL DEAL:
Romans describes the genuine Christian life and what it is all about;
1) What is sin?
2) How is a person saved?
3) How do I live life by the Spirit’s power?
4) What about spiritual gifts? Genuine surrender?
Hints on a successful marriage. Don’t do these: Rodney Daingerfield
1. My wife and I have the secret to making our marriage last: Two times a week, we go to a nice
restaurant for some good food and relaxation. She goes on Tuesdays, I go Fridays.
2. I asked my wife where she wanted to go for our anniversary. "Somewhere I haven’t been in a
long time!" she said. So I suggested the kitchen.
3. My wife told me the car wasn’t running well because there was water in the carburetor. I asked
where the car was. She told me, "In the lake."
4. I haven’t spoken to my wife for 18 months. I don’t like to interrupt her.
5. She got a mudpack and looked great for two days. Then the mud fell off.
I believe every couple wants to have a successful marriage. And I believe every Christian desires to live a successful Christian life. Yet many of us have blown it.
The devil discourages us because of our many failings.
We want to serve God but find it so difficult to consistently live the way we know we should.
Paul was a successful Christian. In the first verse of Romans we find some characteristics of Paul’s life that made him successful. Characteristics of a successful
• We are beginning a new study and I promise that if you give yourself to learning the truths of this book your life and the life of this church will not be the same when we are done..
Someone has said ‘ Romans is the most powerful document that has ever been written’. There has never been a significant revival moment apart from the book of Romans.
1. Not a simple book although the ROMAN ROAD is used to lead to salvation
2. Paul wrote because he could not physically go to Rome where a church had formed and
wanted to explain the Christian life and essential Christian principles.