Summary: Features the main characteristics of God’s champions using the example of David
WHO WILL BECOME GOD’S CHAMPION?
A champion of God has certain characteristics.
1. They usually don’t have any enabling physical attributes. They seldom have the capabilities to win physical battles against the enemy. Like Esther they may even be orphans (Esther 2:7 (quickview) ).
2. Age is not a determinant of who will be God’s champion (1 Sam 17: 33)
7. He/she must be in awe and fear of God not men (Esther, Daniel and his friends)
9. A champion must walk in divine wisdom. If he/she does not have it, they must seek it. (Jeremiah 33:3 (quickview) , 1 Samuel 17:40 (quickview) , 1 Samuel 34-36 (quickview) , Job 33:15-17 (quickview) ).
10. One who willl be God’s champion, must first demonstrate his/her abilities in secret i.e he must have first won battles in the secret place; usually in prayer and character development. (Matthew 4:1 (quickview) ,2), (Mark 6:46 (quickview) )
13. A champion of God must be ready to make sacrifices. He must disdain earthly things and seek for the true prize which is God’s kingdom.
Anyone can be God’s champion. It is just a simple decision. Who wants to be a champion?!