1. CONSISTENCY - Jesus practiced what He preached. He said, Love your enemiesand do good to those who despitefully use you. Jesus forgave His persecutors because He knew that Ahis example would overcome all problems.
2. COURAGE - Jesus showed courage without being arrogant. In the midst of terrible threats he said, "I could have called 10,000 angels to set me free, but nevertheless not as I will, but let My Father's will be done."
3. PRIORITY DRIVEN - Jesus set His sights on the most important goals of His heavenly Father. He siad, "It is not those who are healthy that need a physician but the sick. The Son of Man has come to seek and to save those which are lost." At the end of Jesus life He was able to say, "I have accomplished what God sent Me to do." (John 17:4 (quickview) )
4. MOTIVATED BY LOVE - Jesus said, "A new commandment I give to you that you love one another as I have loved you. By this will all men know that you are my disciples because you have love for one another."
5. VISION INSPIRED - Jesus said, "Who do people say the son of man is? Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the son of the living god." Jesus said "Blessed are you Simon for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter and on this rock (the confession of your faith) I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it. (Matt 16:18 (quickview) )
6. GOAL ORIENTED - Jesus said, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest to send forth workers into His fields." Jesus would never allow His men to be content with just doing maintenance work.
7. INVOLVED KEY DISCIPLES - Jesus said, "Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men. Jesus knew that by discipling a small band of faithful, available, and obedient followers who would multiply His life and purposes, God's purposes would be accomplished.
8. EMPOWERED BY THE SPIRIT - Jesus said to the disciples, "But you shall receive power when the Holy spirt comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth. (Acts 1:8 (quickview) )
9. YIELDED TO GOD'S WILL - Jesus bore the pain, suffering and shame of the cross because he said, "Lord, let this bitter cup pass from Me. Yet, nevertheless not as I will, but let your will be done."
10. RESISTED TEMPTATIONS - Jesus overcame all the temptations for power, pride and lust by relying on God's promises.
11. NOT DISTRACTED BY MERELY GOOD PROJECTS - Jesus could have spent all of His time healing people and doing miracles. Instead, he chose to focus on His primary mission as expressed in His great commission. "Go and make disciples of all nation. (Matt. 28:19,20)
12. ALLOWED FOR DIVERSITY - One day John said to Jesus, "Teacher, we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us. Jesus said, "Do not stop him. No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us."