Summary: This message looks at the 7 steps to help you get your healing and tells you how to hold on to your healing!
HOW TO GET HEALED AND STAY HEALED
A. HUMOR: BUBBA’S MISTAKE
1. Bubba and Billy Ray, from Arkansas, were visiting a relative in a Huntsville prison. Walking along Sam Houston Street they saw a sign which read, 'Suits $5.00 each, shirts $2.00 each, trousers $2.50 per pair'.
2. Bubba said, "Billy Ray LOOK! We could buy a whole lot of those, and when we get back to Arkansas, sell them. I bet we could make a fortune.
3. Now when we go into the shop, you be quiet, okay? Just let me do all the talking 'cause if they hear our accent, they might not serve us. I'll speak in my best Texas drawl." 4. They go in and Bubba orders 50 suits at $5.00 each, 100 shirts at $2.00 each and 50 pairs of trousers at $2.50 each. "I'll back up my pickup and..."
5. The owner of the shop interrupts, "You're from Arkansas, aren't you?" "Why yes," says a surprised Bubba. "How come you know that?" The owner says, "This is a dry-cleaners."
1. This morning we’re going to look at 7 steps to help you get your healing and hold on to your healing!
2. Our title is “How to get Healed and Stay Healed.”
I. BE CONVERTED
A. ARE YOU A CHILD OF GOD?
1. The only sinner’s prayer that God has promised to hear is a sincere prayer of repentance from a life of sin.
2. A person who is not a child of God has no standing before God to request and expect anything, just as a non-member can’t expect the same privileges as members. Membership has its rewards.
B. MEETING THE CONDITIONS
1. We all know that if the conditions are right, it will rain. It’s a law of science. The same thing is true of salvation and divine healing; if we meet the conditions, we’ll be saved or be healed.
2. The first step toward being healing is to surrender your life to God. This makes you a candidate for healing.
II. REMOVE THE HINDRANCES TO HEALING
Many people seeking healing aren’t healed because there is something hindering their prayer even being heard by God.
A. DISOBEDIENCE, Isa. 59:2
“But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear.”
B. UNCONFESSED SIN, Ps. 66:18
“If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.”
C. INDIFFERENCE TO GOD’S WORD, Prov. 28:9
“One who turns away his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination.” NKJV
D. NEGLECT OF MERCY, Prov. 21:13
“Whoever shuts his ears to the cry of the poor will also cry himself and not be heard.” NKJV
E. UNFORGIVENESS, Mt. 6:15
“But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”
F. SELFISH MOTIVE, Jam. 4:3
“When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.”
G. DISCORD IN THE HOME, 1 Pet. 3:7
“Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.”
III. LEARN GOD’S PROMISES OF HEALING
A. THE SAME FAITH: HEALING/SALVATION