Summary: We need personal renewal in our lives
HOW TO HAVE PERSONAL REVIVAL IN YOUR LIFE
PSALM 85: 4-7
4. Restore us, O God of our salvation, And cause Your anger toward us to cease.
5. Will You be angry with us forever? Will You prolong Your anger to all generations?
6. Will You not revive us again, That Your people may rejoice in You?
7. Show us Your mercy, O Lord, And grant us Your salvation.
8. "And now for a little while grace has been shown from the Lord our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a peg in His holy place, that our God may enlighten our eyes and give us a measure of revival in our bondage.
Are you satisfied with your relationship with God?
Are you satisfied with your Christian walk?
Do you feel that something is missing?
This morning we will talk about Personal Revival
From Personal Revival we enter into a deeper walk and relationship with our Lord Jesus
I. Personal Revival [Psalm 138:7]
Psalm 138: 7
7. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me.
• Humble Ourselves before God[Isaiah 57:15]
Isaiah 57: 15
15. For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Matthew 5: 3
3. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18: 1-4
1. At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?’’
2. And Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them,
3. and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
4. "Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
• Be totally Dissatisfied with Ourselves[ISAIAH 6: 5]
Isaiah 6: 5
5. Then I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.’’
John 4: 14, 15
14. "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.’’
15. The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.’’
• Do a Thorough Job of Repenting[II Corinthians 7: 9, 10]
II Corinthians 7: 9, 10
9. Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.
10. For godly sorrow produces repentance to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
Matthew 6: 12-15
12. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors.
13. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. for Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.