Summary: Sometimes we need to be revived and this sermon will tell you how to have a revival. It will stir you and your church!
Realizing the Need for the Spirit of Revival
1. Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
3. Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
Acts 2:1-And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were ALL WITH ONE ACCORD IN ONE PLACE.
When is a Revival Needed?
1. When there is a lack of spiritual power.
2. When the church members have lost their “concern for souls.”
3. When members can easily break church engagements and God’s appointments.
4. When they prefer and rally to social gatherings and parties rather than a prayer meeting or church service.
5. When they are lovers of money or pleasures more than lovers of God.
6. When bickering, strife’s, criticisms and divisions are prevalent in the church.
7. When it is easier to criticize and condemn the faithful then pray for and work with them.
8. When hypocrisy can flourish in the church without rebuke or sense of shame.
9. When Christians neglect the privileges of worship and only attend the services of their church when they feel like it.
10. When conversions are seldom and backslidings are evident.
11. When church people can cancel their obligations to the cause of Christ without reason and fear of judgment.
Do you want revival? REAL REVIVAL? THE ONE THAT AFFECTS SOCIETY?
Luke 24:49 -And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
(Read) Lev. 23-9-16 when the bread is mingled with oil and baked “ALL THE PECIES OR IDEAS BECOME ONE” This represents the church being in unity.
Tell the king story. “WHAT YOU PUT IN IS WHAT YOU GET OUT”
A king sent out a decree to all in his land. He asked them to come to dinner. The reason for this dinner was to fill his new mote with water. He asked all the guests to bring a vessel of water no matter what the size. So all of his kingdom attended and brought vessels of water. Some brought a cup, some brought a gallon, some brought five gallons, then some brought fifty gallons. Upon completion of dinner the king opened a door in his dinning room which was filled with many jewels. After doing this he told the people to go in and fill their vessels to the top. So what you put in is what you get out!
Pentecost- Every 50th day.
Revival-state of being revived
Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in his wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of his glory and grace.
Heaven with its glory and grace invades our human condition, and in the light of Gods glory the allure of the world with its pleasures and material possessions loses its hold on us while out hearts are truly satisfied with the presence of GOD.
In real revival God refines and purifies his people, and then he fills them with his power.