Summary: PROPOSITION: Because Christ is holy; Christians must reflect His holiness in their daily lives.
How to Reflect the Holiness of God!
PROPOSITION: Because Christ is holy; Christians must reflect His holiness in their daily lives.
I. Look upon Christ in all His glory. v. 1-4
A. His sovereignty is the powerful nature of God (1).
1. He is “sitting upon a throne”.
2. He is “high and lifted up”.
3. He radiates the brightness of His glory.
B. His holiness is the pure moral character of God (2-3).
1. He is holy in all His being.
2. He is glorious in all His doing.
C. His presence demands our worship (4).
1. His presence fills the earth with His glory.
2. His presence affects the lives of those He encounters.
II. Live a consecrated life to Christ. v. 5-13
A. Isaiah confesses his inadequacy for service (5).
1. He acknowledges his woeful condition (5a).
2. He is overwhelmed with God’s holiness (5b).
B. Isaiah is cleansed by fire for service (6-7).
1. God’s messenger is the agent.
2. God’s grace makes him fit for service.
C. Isaiah is commissioned for faithful service (8-13).
1. His heart is rendered to any service (8).
2. His life is directed into specific service (9-13).