Summary: How to live a victorious Christian life
HOW TO WALK IN VICTORY
4For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—£our faith.
Intro: ABC Wide World of Sports use to come on with the words “The Thrill of Victory and the agony of defeat.”
1. There is nothing as exciting as winning.
2. The taste of victory in our lives is sweet.
3. Victory is essential to our health and happiness. Defeat is destructive to our lives, and
remaining in defeat can destroy our faith.
4. It is not God’s will for your life to walk in defeat, but it is His will for you and I to rise-up in the
middle of Satan’s attacks upon our lives and live in victory.
I. To WALK in Victory you must believe the WORD!
A. Gloom breads failure
1. It is impossible to live in victory without a victorious concept
1 Cor. 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
B. The old saying goes you are what you eat.
1. The same is true for our lives:
2. If you are defeated in your thought life with negative thoughts of failure then you will never
3. But If you put your mind into victory and HOPE you will always win.
Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
C. We have hope
1. I don’t want to fall into the hands of a doctor without HOPE
2. A lawyer without HOPE
3. A minister without HOPE
Psalms 71:14 But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.
D. We serve the God of hope
1. Not the God of defeat
2. Not the God of pessimis
3. Not the God of disillusion
4. We have HOPE and beyond We have blessed assurance
Psalms 98:1 1 Oh, sing to the LORD a new song! For He has done marvelous things; His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory.
E. You can live in doom and gloom or you can live your life surrounded in HOPE
1 . David never allowed himself to focus on problems
2. He will never be remembered as a blues singer
3. He had bumps in life
4. battles in life --failures in life
5. He had difficulties in life--- He wept--- He mourned
6. BUT he learned to live in praise
Psalms 42:5 Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and 6my God!
3. Learning to Live in Praise in Essential to Victorious Living
a. Praise builds our courage
1. (Jehosphat) II Chronicles 20
2. (Paul & Silas) Acts 16:20
3. (John) Revelations 1:10
4. Praise builds our faith
5. Praise puts our faith into action
6. The building of our faith pleases God; It excites God when we trust Him.
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Praising God in the midst of our trials is like saying: “God you are my source of strength and though storms rise and winds howl, my trust is in you.”
- PRAISE BRINGS THE POWER TO HEAVEN TO OUR AID
6 The grave wrapped its ropes around me;
death itself stared me in the face.
7 But in my distress I cried out to the LORD;
yes, I called to my God for help.
He heard me from his sanctuary;
my cry reached his ears.
8 “Then the earth quaked and trembled;
the foundations of the heavens shook;
• God heard
• God moved
II. TO WALK IN VICTORY YOU MUST GET YOUR EYES OFF OF CIRCUMSTANCES
A. Peter got out of the boat
1. Peter focused on Christ not the storm
2. As his attention shifted he began to sink
B. LAME MAN AT THE POOL OF BETHESDA
1Afterward Jesus returned to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish holy days. 2Inside the city, near
the Sheep Gate, was the pool of Bethesda,£ with five covered porches. 3Crowds of sick
people—blind, lame, or paralyzed—lay on the porches.£ 5One of the men lying there had
been sick for thirty-eight years.
6When Jesus saw him and knew how long he had been ill, he
asked him, “Would you like to get well?”
7“I can’t, sir,” the sick man said, “for I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is
stirred up. While I am trying to get there, someone else always gets in ahead of me.”