Summary: To show that there are no losers in God’s family
2COR.2:14 "I AM ALWAYS A WINNER"
A) Paul is writing to the church at Corinth who always seemed to have troubles!
* They had troubles with their doctrine, and at times, Paul rebuked them for condoning evil.
B) But, here we find Paul encouraging the saints! * Paul was a great Preacher and writer!
* He reproved, rebuked, and exhorted these Christians at Corinth ... Look at v.4
* It was not with a proud heart and a feeling of superiority that Paul wrote the stern rebuke in
his first epistle to the Corinthians! * He didn’t have a "holier than thou" attitude!
C) Paul was not like the Pharisee in Lk.18:11 ... "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus ......."
* Neither did Paul take pleasure in the sharp reprimand that would grieve believers in the church,
but to show his love for them! * "Preach hard and mean!"
D) When Paul penned harsh words, words that cut and hurt, he did so with tears!
* Tears doesn’t necessarily denote weakness ... many times denote bravery!
* Tears from a strong, spiritual man are a token of a broken heart!
E) Paul realized that the Christian life is one of battle!
* The word "triumph" suggests a battle! * The battle is from conversion to death, never stopping!
* In Eph.6:11, Paul told us to "Put on the ..." * In 1Tim.6:12 "Fight the good fight ..."
* In 2Tim.4:7 "I have fought ..." * 2Tim.2:3 "Thou therefore endure hardness as ..."
F) Yes, the Christian life is one of battle, but it’s not one of defeat!
* It is a life of victory and triumph through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
* Rom.8:37 "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him ..."
* 1Jn.4:4 "Ye are of God ..." * 1Cor.15:57 "But thanks be to God, which ..."
G) Note 1Jn.5:4-5 "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh ... Who is he that ..."
* We are born of God and he that is born of God overcometh the world!
* Greek word for overcometh is "nikao" and means to subdue, conquer, prevail, get the victory!
* Praise God, I know that one day I was born again! (Song: Born Again)
* Let me give you some reasons why you and I are always a winner!
(1) THE HOLY SPIRIT IS OUR GUIDE! * Jn.16:13 "Howbeit when he, the Spirit ......."
* We know that the road is straight and narrow and Isa. 35:8 says that "It is a highway of holiness;
and the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein."
A) Jesus said that "The Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth."
* Don’t ask me if it’s wrong to do this or that, the Holy Ghost will tell you if it’s all right or not!
* Please Him - Jesus * Ask yourself, "Will Christ be pleased with what I’m about to do?"
B) Will it honor Him, will it magnify and glorify Him! * If not, then don’t do it!
* We are always winners because the Holy Ghost is our guide!
(2) THERE IS ALWAYS AN ABUNDANCE OF PROVISIONS!
* 2Cor.9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having ......."
A) This is a remarkable verse because each word is loaded with truth!
* First, we note "God is able." * I like that! * Paul told the Ephesian believers in Eph.3:20 ...
* "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according