Summary: To show that there are no losers in God’s family
2COR.2:14 "I AM ALWAYS A WINNER"
A) Paul is writing to the church at Corinth who always seemed to have troubles!
* They had troubles with their doctrine, and at times, Paul rebuked them for condoning evil.
B) But, here we find Paul encouraging the saints! * Paul was a great Preacher and writer!
* He reproved, rebuked, and exhorted these Christians at Corinth ... Look at v.4
* It was not with a proud heart and a feeling of superiority that Paul wrote the stern rebuke in
his first epistle to the Corinthians! * He didn’t have a "holier than thou" attitude!
C) Paul was not like the Pharisee in Lk.18:11 ... "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus ......."
* Neither did Paul take pleasure in the sharp reprimand that would grieve believers in the church,
but to show his love for them! * "Preach hard and mean!"
D) When Paul penned harsh words, words that cut and hurt, he did so with tears!
* Tears doesn’t necessarily denote weakness ... many times denote bravery!
* Tears from a strong, spiritual man are a token of a broken heart!
E) Paul realized that the Christian life is one of battle!
* The word "triumph" suggests a battle! * The battle is from conversion to death, never stopping!
* In Eph.6:11, Paul told us to "Put on the ..." * In 1Tim.6:12 "Fight the good fight ..."
* In 2Tim.4:7 "I have fought ..." * 2Tim.2:3 "Thou therefore endure hardness as ..."
F) Yes, the Christian life is one of battle, but it’s not one of defeat!
* It is a life of victory and triumph through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
* Rom.8:37 "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him ..."
* 1Jn.4:4 "Ye are of God ..." * 1Cor.15:57 "But thanks be to God, which ..."
G) Note 1Jn.5:4-5 "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh ... Who is he that ..."
* We are born of God and he that is born of God overcometh the world!
* Greek word for overcometh is "nikao" and means to subdue, conquer, prevail, get the victory!
* Praise God, I know that one day I was born again! (Song: Born Again)
* Let me give you some reasons why you and I are always a winner!
(1) THE HOLY SPIRIT IS OUR GUIDE! * Jn.16:13 "Howbeit when he, the Spirit ......."
* We know that the road is straight and narrow and Isa. 35:8 says that "It is a highway of holiness;
and the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein."
A) Jesus said that "The Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth."
* Don’t ask me if it’s wrong to do this or that, the Holy Ghost will tell you if it’s all right or not!
* Please Him - Jesus * Ask yourself, "Will Christ be pleased with what I’m about to do?"
B) Will it honor Him, will it magnify and glorify Him! * If not, then don’t do it!
* We are always winners because the Holy Ghost is our guide!
(2) THERE IS ALWAYS AN ABUNDANCE OF PROVISIONS!
* 2Cor.9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having ......."
A) This is a remarkable verse because each word is loaded with truth!
* First, we note "God is able." * I like that! * Paul told the Ephesian believers in Eph.3:20 ...
* "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according
to the power that worketh in us."
* Here he tells the Corinthians, God is able to make all grace (every kind of blessing) abound
toward you, that is, God gives the believer everything!
* He is all we need, always, under all circumstances!
B) This word "sufficiency" is a very powerful word! It really means:
* The believer lives in a consciousness of possessing all things that he needs!
* That is, if any need arises, our God is able to supply that need!
* I wonder if you and I believe in our hearts that whatsoever we need, our God is able, and not
only able, but willing to supply!
C) Will God give His child all things which are necessary and good? * The answer is yes!
* Five times yes in this verse! * "All grace, always, all sufficiency, all things, every good work."
* Rom.8:32 "He that spared not his own Son, but ... how shall he not with him also ..."
* Rev.21:7 "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and ... son."
* We are always winners because there is always an abundance of provisions!
(3) GOD WILL HELP US THROUGH ALL OF OUR TEMPTATIONS!