Summary: I am jealous of the dawgs who get the crumbs from the table!
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs. 27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.
I am Jealous of your Dog.
We live in a time where pop culture has flipped the meaning of certain words in our language to mean the opposite. Even our most mature citizens must traverse the nuisances of language in order to navigate daily communications in their lives. With the advent of the internet these slang terms have moved into the global community with the speed of light.
It has always been the oppressed and marginalized people that have empowered themselves through the use or some would say miss-use of language. It is as if in the midst of great oppression the creative gifts of people come forth and flip the meaning of words as a way of expressing hidden power against the oppressing class.
A few examples of this are
The slang for Cripplin … means awesome, really good, or a walk
The Slang for Brodown night …. means a boy’s out night
The Slang for Aiight: means That’s just "all right."
The Slang for Peeps --- means it is just short for people
The Slang for Ill ---- means that it’s cool tight sweet
The slang for dawg is to mean our best friend, my brotha, my homie,
Then to say I am jealous of your dawg is to say I am jealous of your best friend or homie!
Now I must admit this message has a bit of a personal confession in it. I do admit I am somewhat jealous of my family’s dog. You see I have a degree in dogology and I have studied the different dogs that have come into our house. This little dog named Basil makes me jealous and I admit it….
1) I noticed he gets his food and water brought to him everyday at the same time! Now me, I might have to wait for mine, sometimes they feed me in the morning, sometimes its noon, some days I have to eat out at the restaurant, but Basil gets his food everyday at the same time, in the same place.
2) They bring basil his food, sometimes they bring me mine, but most of the time they call me and I have to come and get it. Some times I even have to fix it myself. I am jealous of Basil.
3) Every time they come into the house they pat basil on the head and tell him what a good boy he is, sometimes they even give him a treat just for being a dog. Nobody ever pats me on the head and tells me how good I am, and I never get treats for doing nothing.. I am jealous of this dog.
4) Every day 2-3 times a day they take basil outside for a walk. I can’t remember the last time somebody took me for a walk. They usally send me for a walk, go walk to the mail box, go walk and take the trash out… I am jealous of this dog.
5) When basil makes a mess, they run and clean up his mess and try to hide it from me. When I make a mess and leave something laying around, everybody wants to fuss at me.
This is why I am jealous of this dog.
6) when basil jumps of the couch everybody thinks it’s cute or funny, when I put my feet on the couch everybody tell me to put my feet on the floor, I am jealous of this dog!