Summary: Our attitude toward the Work of the Lord needs to be one of I Can't Stop! What I'm do for the Lord is way too important to allow myself to be distracted by those who are jealous!! The need is of great importance!!
Scripture: Nehemiah 6:1 – 3
Title: “I Can’t Come Down”
Introduction: Chaldeans – Exile – Only the Best! – Leaders.
----The most prominent citizens of Judah: professionals, priests, craftsmen, and the wealthy. (Leaders-10,000)
---This TATIC is still being employed against-present day Christians! / Take away the Ability to be Successful - – Creative – Builders!
---Nehemiah: Cupbearer to the King of Babylon. (Neh. 1:11)
---Nehemiah received NEWS of Condition of the Jews who were Left Behind after the Siege of Jerusalem. (Neh. 1:3)
---This Broke the heart of Nehemiah!
THE BIRTH OF A BURDEN! (It all began with a Burden)
• To Nehemiah Jerusalem was the Most Important Place!
• Upon hearing about the Horrible Condition of the People & the City he was broken! (Neh. 1:4)
• Notice HOW Nehemiah RESPONDED to the Bad News: “I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven”
A BURDEN CANNOT BE HIDDEN! (Neh. 2:2)
• Just in a matter of days the King NOTICED the Heaviness displayed on the Face of Nehemiah!
• This OPENED the Door for Nehemiah to Pour Out his heart to the King!! (Neh. 2:3)
• Recognition of a REAL Burden Opens Doors!
SHARING THE BURDEN!
• The King replied, “What Do You Want?” (2:4) Wow!!
• With a Prayerful answer, “I Want To Go & Rebuild My City Jerusalem!!! (Judah) (Neh. 2:5)
• The King GAVE him EVERYTHING he Needed! (2:8)
THE WALLS! (Neh. 2:17)
• After surveying the condition of the City Nehemiah began to Develop a Plan to Rebuild! (Neh. 2:12-20)
WHY BUILD THE WALLS? (Protection)
----The WALLS Keeps the Enemies OUT & the People Safe!
----You CAN’T build on the INSIDE until build the Walls!
---Important: Under the Leadership of Ezra the Temple had been REBUILT & Now The Walls!
WHAT DID THE WALLS REPRESENT?
------The Walls said, ‘There’s Something ‘On the Inside’ Worth Protecting!’ ---PROTECTION!!!
---No one Gets In WITHOUT our PERMISSION! (Power!)
SO WE BUILT THE WALL Neh. 4:6
----Soon into the Project OPOSITION arose! (Neh. 2:19)
• The work continued because “They Had A MIND TO WORK! (Neh. 4:6)
---As the Work Progressed Greater OPPOSITION occurred! (Neh. 6:1 – 2)
----The ATTMPT to Distract was VERY STRONG!
I’M DOING A GREAT WORK!
---It was a Great Work because it was for God!
AN COMPELLING COMPULSION TO CONTINUE!
---An irresistible urge to Keep Pressing On to the Completion of this Divine Achievement! I CAN’T!
• IN the Face of Ridicule – Slander – Loss – Death the Work CONTINUED!
CONCLUSION: This ENORMOUS work was Finished in ‘52’ days! (Neh. 6:15)
---Nehemiah’s great task began with HEARING the Bad News about the Torn Down Condition of Jerusalem!
---I believe Nehemiah Compelling drive was a mixture of a BURDEN & DREAM------------!
The Walls would have NEVER been BUILT IF Nehemiah had not TOLD the King what his Burden was about!
IF YOU DON’T HAVE A BURDEN FOR THE LORD’S WORK: YOU NEED TO START PRAYING FOR ONE!!!