Summary: Life will throw all kinds of circumstances and curve balls. But you have the choice to be defeated and die or fight and live
2 King 7:3-4
And there were four leprous men at the entering in of the gate: and they said one to another, Why sit we here until we die?
4 If we say, We will enter into the city, then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there: and if we sit still here, we die also. Now therefore come, and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians: if they save us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall but die.
I’m reminded every Sunday morning I used to turn to BET to watch the Bobby Jones show. But right before his show would come on there was another program on asking you to help feed the hungry over in Ethiopia. They would show pictures of children walking around looking frail because they had not eaten so their bones look like it was coming through their skin. They would make sure they showed you the sickest child, so it would compel you to give to help feed these children.
When you look all around us right here in the USA you see so many homeless people who don’t have a place to lay their heads, no food to eat, and barley any clothes to wear. And if truth be we take for granted the fact that God blessed us to have a bed to sleep in, a roof over your head to call home, food on your table even if it’s something you don’t like, clothes on your back even if its not the latest style. We take these things for granted because we have them.
But tell what would you do, if famine hit your house?
How would you respond if famine hit your house?
• Will you give up or will you fight?
• The fight won’t be an easy one, the key is you can’t give up in the fight.
• The fight might beat you down a little and you may feel like you have lost in that round
• Ring the bell.……. Here comes the next round.
• Sometimes suffering comes, but my God it won’t last
Romans 8:18 -For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us
I serve a God who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that I can ask or think!
You gott get up and get back in the fight!
• Here you have the King of Syria who came in an besieged (They surrounded the walls) Samaria and caused famine to hit the land.
• They wouldn’t allow any food to come into the camp
• They were forced to used everything they had
• They got so low until they were eating the head of a donkey, the dung of a dove and they went so far as cannibalism
The reason for this famine was so that the Syria could starve out and weaken the inhabitants of the city leaving them defenseless when their army come in to over take their city
This Is how he enemy does with us
He causes chaos to run rapid in your life to weaken you, to see how long you can endure what he put on you.
Look at your Neighbor and say : “I Refuse To Die Here”
There was four leprous men sitting at the gate who had a dilemma
• We can sit here and die
• We can go into the city and die
• Or we can go to the Syria to ask for help and maybe get help or maybe die
A famine will cause you to trust God for the next
• Are you willing to trust God for your Next!
Your Next is Now
A famine will cause your faith to be activated
• Faith will cause you to move even when you don’t feel like moving
• They could have stayed sitting at the gate
• But faith said, you can’t die right here I have too much for you to do.
A famine will take you to the point of death, but God will deliver
• Man's extremity is God's opportunity of making his own power to be glorious
• When your striegnth is gone and there is nothing else you can depend on
• That his time to appear for his people
• His strength is made perfect in our weakness
• When they got to the camp of Syria
• a place where not accepted
• a place where they were not liked
• A place where they would have been killed
God intervened on their behalf and had already sent the Syrian people away in fear of their own lives and they didn’t have time to take nothing with them.