Summary: When you finally and truly realize, what this is talking about, that which is available to all of us who have accepted Jesus and the Grace message He gave us. It is a life changing, game changing, turn your world upside down, inside out experience!
I Will Never Be The Same Again
We live in a world where communication is key, its very important to all of us.
Never has there been a time in history, that people have ever spoke to each other more than they do now a days.
The number of ways grows on a daily basis. Smart phones keep getting smarter and faster,
it seems as though theres nothing cant be cramed into them, technology is amazing,
it used to be a rotary phone was considered old school, but now a days a regular cell phone, all the kids will tell you is outdated.
You see everybody using their phones at the work place, at the store, in the theatre and even on the highways.
People have a hard enough time chewing gum and walking, let alone driving and talking or even worse texting and driving.
Its almost like everyone thinks, using a cell phone is covered under the first amendment, which we all know is the freedom of speech.
A study conducted 400 or so University students, with each student wearing something to record them throughout the day for ten days.
And it concluded; The average person (male or female) speaks 16,000 words per day which is like 15 words per waking minute?
So much communication, so many words, so many people not realizing the power their words have, transmitting across the globe at any given time.
God has always known words possess power,
Gen 1:1-3 NKJ
1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2.The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3. Then God said, Let there be light; and there was light.
All through out creation we read how God spoke the world into existence.
Ever since the beginning of time we see how words have power in them.
Jesus gave us a great example of how much power our words possess,
TBS. in the book of Mark 11:12-14, 19-24 NKJ
12. Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry.
13. And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs.
14. In response Jesus said to it, Let no one eat fruit from you ever again.
And His disciples heard it.
19. When evening had come, He went out of the city.
20. Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
21. And Peter, remembering, said to Him, Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.
(peter was amazed, at the power Jesus words contained in them, Jesus wasnt surprised at all, He was trying to teach them about faith! And what our words can and will accomplish for us.)
22. So Jesus answered and said to them, Have faith in God.
23. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, Be removed and be cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
24. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
It was a miracle, out in the middle of no where, you see your location doesnt dictate the outcome of your need being met!!
Jesus was spelling it out for us, and
if you have a need in your life,
no matter what it is, He said;
*even if it seems like a mountain to you
*it doesnt matter, when or where it happens
*speak to your situation,
*have faith in God,
*believe He will take care of it,
*let go and let God do what He said He would do, sometimes thats the hardest part, letting go
You know God could perform any miracle, without you letting go of it, but that wouldnt require much faith would it, if He did?
Only when you let go, does it release your faith and allow Him to do what you ask Him to!! Amen!!
Jesus was always using parables and stories to make it easier to understand and remember and to make it more relevant.
We all remember the story where Jesus used a small boys lunch of 2 fish and 5 little loaves of bread,
to feed 5,000 men, 5,000 women and if they were like the statistics now a days of 2.3 children per household times 5k,
That would bring the grand total to about 21,500 men, women and children.