Summary: What God has promised, He is able to perform. It will only be a dream unless by faith you go and get it.
I’ll Take My Mountain Now, Thanks
5 As the LORD commanded Moses, so the children of Israel did, and they divided the land.
6 Then the children of Judah came unto Joshua in Gilgal: and Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite said unto him, Thou knowest the thing that the LORD said unto Moses the man of God concerning me and thee in Kadesh-barnea.
7 Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadesh-barnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart.
8 Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the LORD my God.
9 And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children’s for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the LORD my God.
10 And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.
11 As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.
12 Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said.
13 And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance.
14 Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the LORD God of Israel.
HE’BRON (he’bron; a "community"; "alliance").
1. A town in the mountains of Judah, about three thousand feet above the Mediterranean Sea, and between Beersheba and Jerusalem Among those who lived there were the Canaanites and the Anakim, Abraham (Gen 13:18), Isaac and Jacob (35:27). David made it his royal residence (2 Sam 2:1-4; 5:5; 1 Kings 2:11); as did Absalom (2 Sam 15:10). Sarah was buried here (Gen 23:17-20); Joshua took Hebron (Josh 10:36-37; 12:10), and Caleb retook it (14:14). The Romans also captured and destroyed it.
13 And unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh he gave a part among the children of Judah, according to the commandment of the LORD to Joshua, even the city of Arba the father of Anak, which city is Hebron.
14 And Caleb drove thence the three sons of Anak, Sheshai, and Ahiman, and Talmai, the children of Anak.
WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS WHOLE STORY?
1. REMINDING HIMSELF AND JOSHUA WHAT GOD HAD SAID.
A. YOU SHOULD BE REMINDED OF WHAT GOD’S WORD SAYS EVERYDAY. (IF YOU STUDY IT.) EVERY SITUATION THAT ARISES SHOULD DIRECT YOUR THOUGHTS TO A SCRIPTURE OR BIBLICAL EXAMPLE IN GOD’S WORD.
B. WHAT HAS GOD SPOKEN TO YOU? HOLD ON TO IT. GOD IS FAITHFUL.
2. INHERITANCE FROM GOD ALWAYS FOLLOWS OBEDIENCE. WHOLLY FOLLOW, WHOLLY RECEICE.
FOLLOW GOD’S FORMULA FOR HOLY LIVING AND RECEIVE ALL GOD’S BLESSINGS.
3. LENGTH OF SERVICE DEPENDS ON DEPTH OF RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.
4. YOU MUST MAINTAIN SPIRITUAL STRENGHTH BECAUSE THERE IS COMING THE DAY WHEN WE MUST FIGHT OUR LAST BATTLE. CONSISTANCY IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN WIN IT AND SECURE OUR ETERNAL DESTINY. THINK ABOUT THAT STATEMENT.
HE OR SHE THAT ENDURES UNTO THE END SHALL BE SAVED.
NOW, GIVE ME MY MOUNTAIN. I KNOW I HAVE TO FIGHT MY WAY TO THE TOP. I WANT WHAT’S THERE AND I’M WILLING TO RISK ALL AND GIVE ALL TO OBTAIN THE PROMISE GOD MADE TO ME.
HE FOUGHT AND HE GOT IT.
BECAUSE OF HIS FAITHFULNESS GOD ALSO BLESSED HIS CHILDREN.
WHAT HAS GOD PROMISED US?
1. SALVATION ( IF WE BELIEVE AND CONFESS OUR SINS.
2. HEALING (IF WE BELIEVE)
3. BLESSINGS (IF WE GIVE)
4. ACCEPTANCE (IF WE ARE STUDENTS OF HIS WORD)
5. PROTECTION ( IF WE LOVE HIM) ANGELS ENCAMP ABOUT THEM THAT LOVE HIM. NO WEAPON SHALL ---
6.DELIVERANCE ( FOR THE LORD SHALL DELIVER ME
7. THE HOLY GHOST TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM
8. FOOD AND CLOTHING TO THOSE WHO SEEK HIS KINGDON AND HID RIGHTEOUSNESS.
9. THE WEALTH OF THE WICKED TO THE RIGHTEOUS.
AND WHAT HAS GOD PROMISED YOU SPECIFICALLY?
HE WILL DO WHAT HE SAYS HE WILL DO.
NOW ARE THERE OTHER NEEDS THAT YOU NEED GOD TO RESPOND TO TODAY? YES!
THATS WHY GOD ALLOWED YOU TO BE HERE TODAY SO YOU CAN BRING THEM TO HIM TO BE TAKEN CARE OF.