Summary: The Christian needs to know what they believe, and then decide to implement that belief in their lives, before they are faced with trials and temptations. Christians should be proactive, not reactive.
“DECIDE TO IMPLEMENT THE PLAN”
RO 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
1. Brothers and Sisters in Christ, do you know who you are? You are a child of the King of Kings. You have been bought with a price, the price is the death of the Son of God. His blood was shed for you.
2. The question that we should be asking ourselves, is “now what“?
So what does that mean for us. What are we doing with our lives, now that we have been saved.
3. Are we passionate about who we are, and who we serve. We are on this earth to bust open the gates of Hell, so that they will never prevail against us. We are not standing here looking pretty, we need to be getting down and dirty, fighting and striving in this battle that Jesus has already won for us.
4. No army ever won a battle sitting in the barracks, and yet that is what we do. We need to get out there and take the fight to the enemy.
5. Like any army however, we need to be trained, and especially, we need to be disciplined. Any army that is undisciplined will have a problem in the field, and they will not succeed.
6. Do you want to serve the King of Kings? If you do, then let us get off our pride and “I can’t” attitude, and let us say that we can and then let us by the power of the Holy Spirit go and do. What do you say?
I. WHY SHOULD WE LIVE A DISCIPLINED CHRISTIAN LIFE?
A. God Is Holy.
LEV 11:44 I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be
holy, because I am holy.
1. The definition of Holy is.. Complete, without sin, unbroken.
a. Belonging to, derived from, or associated with a divine power; sacred.
b. Regarded with or worthy of worship or veneration; revered: a holy book.
c. Living according to a strict or highly moral religious or spiritual system; saintly: a holy person.
d. Specified or set apart for a religious purpose: a holy place. (Webster’s dictionary)
2. As God is the Creator of everything, He decides what is holy and what is not holy. The truth is the truth. God is the master of holiness, only He is qualified to state what is unblemished and what is not. 1PE 1:15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
3. Because God is Holy and cannot be in the presence of sin. It is the sin of man that separates the creation from the Creator. God keeps his distance from unholy man, because man will die in the presence of God. LEV 15:31 " `You must keep the Israelites separate from things that make them unclean, so they will not die in their uncleanness for defiling my dwelling place, which is among them.’ "
B. Undisciplined Lives Lead To Un-holiness.
1. We, as Christians have hope however. We are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ, through Grace, but now need to live a life of holiness in Christ, and by the power of the Holy Spirit. RO 6:1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.