Summary: Both the lost and saved should be seeking the Lord.
IN PURSUIT OF THE LORD”
DAVID wrote this in the wilderness. ABSALOM had led a rebellion forced him from the palace and throne. DAVID had to fight or flee. (Rather than kill his own boy he fled)
There are a lot of tough decisions in life...
V8. "HARD" = ZEALOUSLY - EARNESTLY - EAGERLY.
Fervently pursuing" "seek"
"Seek the Lord while He may be found"
"Seek and ye shall find"
JAMES says, "Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you."
INTRODUCTION: Both the lost and saved should be seeking the Lord. For the lost who know not the Lord, awaits eternal damnation. For the saved who are not seeking the Lord, awaits Missed blessings. And God’s anger awaits His children who have their priorities wrong.
How does a Christian Pursue the Lord?
So let’s examine some ways in which one must seek the Lord.
I. We Can Seek After The Lord In The Word
A. We learn of people by reading their writings.
1. Professors study Shakespeare by reading his writings.
2. Biographers collect information about their subjects by reading everything they can get about them.
3. The best way to learn, pursue, or seek after God is to read what He has written.
4. The Bible is the best way to seek the Lord.
B. The Bible tells us how to find God.
The Bible records the very nature of God.
II. We Can Seek The Lord In Our Prayers
III. We Can Seek The Lord In The Church
The purpose of the church is to learn about the Lord.
Sunday School Etc.
IV. We Can Seek The Lord Through His Son
A. The only way to find the Lord is through His Son.
B. Jesus is our High Priest.
D. Jesus is the express image of God
1. Heb. 1: 3
2. God is a spirit. The human eye cannot see a spirit. Therefore the only way we can see God is through the express image of His son.
V. We Can Seek The Lord Through His Spirit.