Summary: No matter what we are going through, God will be right there In The Middle Of It to care for us and take care of us through it all. There is great value to being In The Middle of It and lessons to be learned.
TITLE: IN THE MIDDLE OF IT
SCRIPTURE: II SAMUEL 23:12
Late last year a song came out and quickly hit the top of the Gospel charts. The song is entitled IN THE MIDDLE. It reminds us of the importance of how we are to respond and behave when we are going through various trials this life has to offer. I am sure we all can relate to the importance of understanding the difficulties of holding our Integrity in the middle of a Storm.
Are you willing to be honest with me this morning? How many times have you found yourself in the middle of something?
• I would love to do this or that but - I am in the middle of doing something right now
• I would love to help you out – I am in the middle of something
• I would like to give my tithes - But I’m in the middle of a financial crisis
• I would like to go and help others or serve the ministry - but I’m in the middle of something and just don’t have the time
• I would like to help you clean the Church – But I am in the middle of something right now
• I just can’t come to church tonight - I’m in the middle of watching my favorite TV show
• I would love to help you during VBS – I am in the middle of watching my team in the Championship games
• I know you are stranded and don’t know who else to call but – I am in the middle of something right now
I know you don’t want me to go here but I must. Let me just talk about me, so no one thinks I am talking about them this morning. I have been in some tough situations in my life. I have found myself in the middle of a mess. Anyone else ever been there besides me? Found themselves – In The Middle Of It. Maybe you don’t want to admit it this morning. I know you been saved a long time, therefore; your life is perfect and wonderful in the Lord. But for the rest of us, most of the time it is not the devil that has attacked me but the decisions and choices I made placed me In The Middle Of It.
• Sometimes just not being honest with myself
• Sometimes elected not to do the right thing
• Sometimes just made a bad decision
• Sometimes just thought I could get away with it
• Sometimes just thought that nobody was really getting hurt
• And before I knew it I found myself In The Middle Of It
You know what else I have found out, no matter what I am going through – GOD IS RIGHT THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT TOO. No matter what we are going through. God will be right there In The Middle Of It to care for us and take care of us through it all. In this dynamic text, we find a great warrior by the name of Shammah. He was standing in a field that the Philistines had taken and chased God’s people off of their own property. The Bible tells us that it was a fertile piece of property that produced Lentiles.
This great warrior by the name of Shammah, stood his ground against the Philistines. The text tells us he stood right In The Middle Of It. Refused to run, stood to defend what God had Promised and Given to His people. He fought and killed the Philistines and God blessed him to win a great battle.
We have to learn how to stand still my brothers and sisters. All too often we run because it appears as though our BATTLE – SITUATION – PROBLEM – is too big. When we look at it we get the impression that we will be defeated. It looks like we are outnumbered.
• Many problems we have in our lives are due to the fact that we ran
• Many of our hardships and heartaches are because we ran
• Our problem looked too big for us to handle
• If it’s too big for us – it’s just right for God
• Shammah stood In The Middle Of It and was victorious
• He stood in the middle of the field
• We have to learn how to stand still In The Middle Of It
• Even though we might be outnumber stand In The Middle Of It
• Don’t tuck your tail
• Don’t run
• Stand In The Middle Of It
This great Warrior understood the IMPORTANCE OF HIS POSITION. He went out to the middle of the field for fight this battle.