Summary: in the secret place
Psalm 91 There Is : -
1. REST in God’s shadow.V. 1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. a. We Move In - "He that dwelleth"
b. We Move Up - "in the secret place of the most High"
c. We Move Under - "shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty" 2. REFUGE in God’s fortress.V. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Trust Personally my refuge and my fortress, Trust Permanently my God, Trust Purposely in him will I trust. 3. REDEMPTION from God's enemies V. 3 - Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 1. From Pits - :3 the snare of the fowler
2. From Pestilence - :3 the noisome pestilence. 3. From Predators (the fowler) 4. RELIANCE upon God's promises.V. 5-6 - Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Thou shalt not be afraid of : - 1. Molestation - :5 for the terror by night
2. Nor Missiles - :5 nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
3. Nor Malady - :6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness
4. Nor Murder - :6 nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
5. Nor Mortality - :7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
5. RETRIBUTION on God's enemies.V. 8 - Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
6. RESORT from God's wrath.V. 9-10 - Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
7. REINFORCEMENT with God's angels.V. 11-12 - For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
8. RESCUE in God's Name.V. 13-14 - Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. 14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
9. RESPONSE from God's throne.V. 15 - He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 1. The Requirement - :15 "he shall call upon Me"
2. The Results - :15
a. God's Promise Will Hail Us :15 "and I will answer him"
b. God's Presence Will Hold Us :15 "I will be with him in trouble"
c. God's Person Will Honour Us :15 "I will deliver him and honour him"
3. The Reward V. 16 - With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.