Summary: Veterans Day Sermon
ISAIAH 60:1-3 “IT IS NOT TIME TO RETREAT”
A) Saturday is Veteran’s Day and we want to honor all those who
have served in the armed forces today.
* If you are serving or have ever served in the Army, Navy, Marines,
Air Force, or Coast Guard, please stand.
* If you have an immediate family member who is serving or has ever
served in any branch of the military, please stand.
LET’S SHOW OUR APPRECIATION FOR THESE
A) We thank all those who fought and are still fighting for
our national freedom.
* Thank you for loving this land so much that you are willing to die
for it – We honor you and appreciate you and celebrate you today.
B) There are some people who have been disappointed by the
outcome of this past presidential election.
* We are not called to respond in anger or disgust ... We are called
to do what we have been called to do for over 2000 years.
C) I have a good idea ... Since Saturday is Veteran’s Day, let all
of us enlist or reenlist in the ARMY OF THE LORD.
* Let’s all become veterans for Jesus.
* Well what are we to do when we enlist or reenlist in the
Army of the Lord?
D) First: We are to preach the gospel.
* God has called on each and every one of us to preach the gospel.
* The phrase “preach the gospel” is found 11 times in the Scriptures.
E) Here is the command of Jesus – Mark 16:15 “And he said
unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach .......”
* Luke 4:18-19 “The Spirit of the Lord is .......” (Isa. 61:1-2)
* 1 Cor. 9:16 “For though I preach the gospel, I have .......”
* 1 Cor. 1:17 “For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to .......”
F) Second: We are to contend for the faith.
* Jude 3 “Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write .......”
* The Greek word for contend is “agonizomai” (ag-o-nid’-zom-ahee)
and means, “to fight” and has the idea of fighting to defend the faith.
G) Do everything in our power to fight to defend the faith.
* Eph. 4:5 ....... We all know that there is only “one faith.”
* And if there’s only one, we must defend it.
H) Third: We are to stand up for biblical values.
* 2 Thess. 2:15 “Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions
which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
* God wants us to shine “The Light” in the darkness.
I) Under Reagan, George Bush, and George W. Bush there
still was no prayer in schools, and abortion was still legal.
* Then Obama came along, now men can marry men and women
can marry women. (Most leaders of our nation are evil)
* Yes our situation in this country may be worse now, but that
should cause us even more to rise up and stand up for Christ.
LOOK AT OUR TEXT AGAIN IN Isaiah 60:1-3 .......
A) I’ve got to admit that our nation is not what it used to be.
* Do you remember when we were growing up? ... Baby Boomers days
were a whole lot different that the millennials today.
B) We played outside ... We didn’t have video games on our TV.
* What are some things you remember when you were growing up
compared to this day and time?
C) This whole world today is a real mess.
* There’s a lot of opposition against the truth, the Bible, and everything