Summary: A sermon I delivered on the urgency of the call of God based on Acts 1.
It is time
By pastor Fernando Cabrera
1. To Make God’s agenda, your agenda ("Holy Spirit given orders" v.2b)
a. What is God’s agenda? What is the heartbeat of the Father? What moves the Father? What is God seeking after?
i. “to seek and save the Lost”
1. We cannot understand the upper room until we understand the why of the upper room
2. What preceded the upper room was a divine mandate “to go to the world and make disciples of all nations…”
a. God says “come” to unbelievers, but “go” to the church
ii. What is the vision of the church? Win souls and make disciples
1. difference between ministry and mission
b. Am I as committed to the salvation of men and woman as God is?
1. You must change your identity from a church attender to a disciple maker
2. Jesus saw himself as a disciple maker
a. God has call you to see yourself as a disciple making machine for God
b. Why didn’t Jesus just die for our sins when he came?
i. He WAS MAKING DISCIPLES (V.2)
1. People ask today, “what would Jesus do?” – make disciples
2. Don’t let anyone make you feel like you need to apologize for sharing Jesus
a. If anything, we need to apologize for not sharing any sooner
b. Stop apologizing and start evangelizing
ii. Church should be a place where people come with a problem, but are sent with a purpose
c. The church in America is full of people who profess, but do not practice. Why?
i. Because they are still seeking to fulfill their own agendas, instead of being vision driven.
1. that is why we need an encounter with the cross
a. before there was Pentecost there was the Passover
i. “only dead people experience resurrection. God will not pour out his resurrection until you have experience death. The reason there is a death is because a resurrection is coming”
b. The cross is the place of exchange
a. It is the place where I decrease and he increase
b. It is the place where old things pass away and all things become new
c. It is the place where I trade my sorrows for dancing
d. It is the place where I no longer live, but Christ lives in me
i. The reason why we often don’t experienced a down pouring of the Spirit is because we have not experience a true discipleship
1. If this generation won’t go, he’ll let this generation die off and raise another to reach this world
e. In a two year study done by George Barna, it was found that most born again Christians don’t see their lives goal to be a committed disciple of Jesus or to make disciples
i. Only one in every 10 Christians every led someone to the Lord. And far less have ever made a disciple
1. "... Christians spend seven times as much time on entertainment as they do on spiritual activities."
2. "Desiring to have a close, personal relationship with God ranks just sixth among the 21 life goals tested, trailing such desires as ’living a comfortable lifestyle.’"
a. Vance Havner once said, “You have not really learned a commandment until you have obeyed it.
ii. The only thing worth living in life for is the one passion that it is worth giving my whole life to
1. The only thing worth living in life for is the one passion that it is worth giving my whole life to