Summary: A farm can only go on so long without a harvest. · It can become a "hobby farm" · A hobby Farm does not need a harvest to exist. Afraid many of our churches have become ... "hobby churches". You see everything depends upon the harvest at harvest time!!
Mayor Gerardo Balmori
The Salvation Army
- When you think of harvest you think of farmers. - Everything rises & falls on the harvest.
- Will they keep the farm another year? That depends on the harvest.
* A farm can only go on so long without a harvest. · It can become a "hobby farm"
· A hobby Farm does not need a harvest to exist. Afraid many of our churches have become ... "hobby
churches". You see everything depends upon the harvest at harvest time!!
- Other things become secondary.
Harvest time was the happiest time of the year in Palestine (Ps.126:5-6)
It was marked by many religious festivals & feasts.
SHOW ME A CHURCH WITHOUT HARVEST AND I’LL SHOW YOU A CHURCH WITHOUT JOY!
1. We Have a Tendency To Postpone The Harvest.
- John 4:35 You say in four months, Jesus says now!!
Jesus says: OPEN YOUR EYES!! LOOK AND SEE!! NOW!!! "Lift up your eyes" ..... WHY? ... Your eyes
are on yourself! - Nothing will distract you more from the harvest than your eyes on yourself!!
Not later!!! ..... NOW!! "ALREADY TO HARVEST!!"
"Lift up your eyes" ... YOU HAVE A PURPOSE!!!
First principle of the harvest: IT IS READY NOW ... WE JUST HAVE TO SEE IT.
* Eyes off ourselves ... eyes off the ground ... Look to the fields!
2. The Harvest Is Plentiful (Matt. 9:36,37)
Joel 3: 13, 14 (Read)
236 times in the bible word multitude(s). The shortage is not found in the harvest!
Open your eyes ... lift up your eyes ... look on the fields ... white ...
Wherever there is darkness.... there is harvest!!
Try and count the kernels of Corn! Try and count the grains of Wheat!
The "hobby church" doesn’t see nor need the Harvest!!
3. The Harvest Is Valuable
- Importance , significance, worth.- Again the existence of the farm depends upon the harvest!
Not just numbers.... people!!! Not just multitudes of numbers ... multitudes of people!!
4. The Harvest Is Ready
- The people of this world is more than ready to receive the Good News than the church is ready to give
it. - If we don’t believe that we will not share the Gospel.
What is our excuse?: “Nobody wants to hear the Gospel”.
Gallop Poll : Over 6 million people "What would it take to get you to church?"
#1 Answer: Someone to ask me to attend.
5. The Workers Are Few (Matt. 9: 37)
- Some are reaping all they can ... But it is not enough!
- Jesus believed that results are proportionate to means used.
It’s people that harvest people.
How did you come to know the
.0001% .........TV or Crusade
1-2% ............. Cold turkey evangelism
2-4% ............. Church program
3-6% ............. Sunday School
4-6% ............. "Walk-in"
6-8% ............. Minister
74% ............. Friends and relatives
Many spread the "Seed"!! .... How many ask for decisions?
HOW DO WE GET THESE LABOURERS?
6. Ask The Lord To Send Workers (Matt.9:38)
"Therefore" ... Because of this great harvest with one problem - Motivated by the harvest
"Pray to the Lord... OF THE HARVEST"
- It’s His.
- He knows it.
- He cares more than us about it.
"To send out workers"
- Thrust them out
- Greek Translation: Forcefully push them out * Same term used when Jesus "Cast out the
8. Go When You Are Sent (10: 1,5)
- How many times have you been sent when you are praying?
*** Go through the .. I’m unqualified (Isaiah .. "Woe is me .. undone .. unclean)
*** To the "Here am I, send me!
LIFTS UP YOUR EYES ... FIELDS ARE READY ... PRAY... A SHORTAGE
WANTS A NEED TO FILL?
Remember the Spirit was sent not for our ENJOYMENT but for our EMPLOYMENT!
If you become a harvester in Gods fields you will never lack for purpose or something to do.
Why does The Salvation Army use military structure and uniforms?
The Salvation Army's military style is rooted in the militaristic spirit prevalent
in the mid-1800s, when William and Catherine Booth founded the organization.
This organizational style has proven effective in making the Army a highly
disciplined and mobile organization, able to respond quickly and efficiently to
human need whenever and wherever it arises.
The uniform also finds its roots in the culture of its
founding and continues to serve as a witness to the
Salvationist’s commitment to serving God and man.
Today, The Salvation Army’s uniform is recognized as a
symbol of commitment and a sign of availability and
accessibility in times of need or crisis. Salvation Army officers always wear the
uniform when they are on duty in the corps, the office or the community.