Summary: Involved in the Kingdom
It ‘s Time To Get Fat
Psa 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of a unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Psa 92:11 Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me.
Psa 92:12 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
Psa 92:13 Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.
Psa 92:14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
Psa 92:15 To show that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.
PROV. 28:25 “FAT CHRISTIANS IN 2007”
A) One of the things that we may have gotten over the holidays is an unwanted possession (Fat)!
* New Year’s Eve often brings resolutions concerning diets and determination to lose pounds.
* But tonight, I want to say that we need to be FAT Christians in 2007!
* I am not talking about being fat physically, although many of us are dealing with that problem as
well ... I am talking about our growth in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!
B) It is not a matter of our genetics or our education!
* It should not be evaluated on the basis of how “good” we are or how much we’ve kept from
certain sins! * Jesus selected His disciples and related to them on the basis of their attitudes.
* God wants us to be FAT Christians in 2007!
(1) “F” IS FOR FAITHFUL! * Faithful: Allegiance to duty or a person; loyalty.
A) A Disciple Loves The Person Christ!
* The men and women that followed Christ enjoyed His company!
* They were loyal to Him and wanted to be like Him.
* John 14:21 “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.”
to exhibit (in person) or disclose (by words): - appear, declare (plainly), inform, , shew
B) The religious leaders liked His teaching, but they hated Jesus, the person!
* The multitudes liked what He gave them, but they had no desire to learn to be like Him!
* A true disciple wants Jesus ... He follows from the heart, not from duty!
* He wants internal changes in his character so he can know God better and serve Him more
effectively. * Are we faithful to God? * Is He at the center of our lives?
* Prov. 28:20 “A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.”
* 1 Cor. 4:2 “Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.”
C) God wants us to be faithful to Him in all things ... He requires that out of all of us!
* Shouldn’t you love Jesus enough to be faithful to Him?
* What if He was as faithful to us as we are faithful to Him?
(2) “A” IS FOR AVAILABLE!
A) A disciple pays a price to serve Christ! * Don’t think that it’s not gonna cost you nothing .......
* A disciple of Christ sacrifices personal agendas (e.g., business, hobbies, family, his very life’s
desires) to be around those who are like Christ!
* He counts the cost of following Christ, and pays it as the need arises. * Note: Matt. 10:37-38