Summary: When we realize what life is about we will be able ot enjoy peace, and great blesings
• SLIDE #1
• Last week as we examined verse eight of chapter two of Colossians we spent much time talking about spiritual abduction.
• In the conclusion of that message I suggested a way the Bible teaches us to be able to keep from falling prey to the empty deceptive philosophy of the world, which when we take the bait of bad philosophy we end up in captivity.
• SLIDE #2
• This verse is our best protection against falling for deceptive empty philosophies.
• Now here is the question, “How can we do this?”
• Being able to take your very thoughts captive to obey Jesus is not easy because our personal desires have a tendency to block out what God desires for us.
• Today I am going to suggest something that will make the process of taking everything thought captive to obey Christ something that is obtainable.
• The way we can achieve being able to take every thought captive to obey Christ is through an attitude adjustment.
• I am not talking about God whacking you with lightening or with the KJV Bible.
• What I am suggesting is that we strive to shift the holy trinity from “ME, MYSELF, and I” to God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
• When we look at life it is so easy to believe it is all about me, my happiness, my way, my will, my desires, etc…
• In we should develop and attitude that says, It’s All About Jesus.
• Today we are going to see why our hearts and minds ought to embrace this new philosophy of life.
• If this becomes our philosophy of life then we can TRUST Jesus to the level to be able to TRUST Him with our thoughts therefore resulting in becoming more like Him!
• SLIDE #3
• It’s ALL ABOUT JESUS BECAUSE…
• SLIDE #4
I. In Him the fullness of deity dwells.
• One of the issues we struggle with is the ability to fully grasp who Jesus is.
• I know we can SAY Jesus is Lord, that He is God, that He is God’s son, BUT are we able to really grasp the concept?
• I know we read the Bible, I know we come to church, but even though we do those great things, do we really understand WHO Jesus is?
• I believe WHEN we do get a handle on WHO Jesus is, that He is God, that He is ALIVE, that He does know us, it will change the way we live life itself.
• Let me dive deeper, if I KNOW that Jesus knows what I am thinking, I will work on trying to purify my mind.
• IF I know Jesus knows my heart, I will try to change my heart.
• IF I know Jesus sees what I do, I will try to change what I do.
• IF I know these things, then I will not try to fool people because I KNOW I cannot fool God!