Summary: ITS HARVEST TIME
ITS HARVEST TIME
INTRODUCTION:THE fourth chapter of the gospel of John is a chapter of surprises. In chapter 4:9 a woman was surprised that Jesus spoke to her. In verse 39 she was surprised that Jesus knew all about her. In verse 31-34 the disciples were surprised that Jesus was not hungry. the city of Sychar was suuprised by the changed woman verse 40-42.
But I believe the most surprising event was the Lord message about harvest
points: v.35 Its ready to reap.
v.36 Reapers are needed.
v.36-37 there are rewards for reapers.
(A)THE READY HARVEST (v.35)
(1) confusion about the time of harvest.
(a) not four months from now.
(b) today is the day of salvation (11cor.6:2.
we must get motivated for the harvest. (v.35)
(a) lift up your eyes;see people around you.
(b) Look on the fields;see them ripe for havest.
(c) Ask the Lord to help you see the harvest tgrough his eyes.
Point: Why the harvest is ready?
People everywhere are troubled, familys, boys and girls
(b) The world is adrift on a sea of immorality.
(c) religiously the world is bewildreded
Reapers are needed for the harvest. (v.36)
(1) there is joy in working in an abundant harvest
(2) Most do not expect to harvest today. Why?
(a) Just holding on until Jesus comes.
(b) Very little witnessing, soulwinning.
The laborers are few:
(a)We must pray for laborers.
(b)we must become laborers.
What are we doing in God great harvest?
(C) there is a reward promised to reapers in the harvest: "He reapeth receiveth wages"
(1)there are wages now:rejoicing.
(2) THERE WILL BE WAGES LATER (Rev. 22:12).
(1) Who will work in the Lord’s harvest?
(2) Who will reach the lost hell-bound world of sinful hurting people, who need to hear and accept the gospel?
(3) Who will tell them of their plight and show them the way of escape?
(4) WHO WILL share with them Jesus love, compassion and power?
(5) who will warn them of the false Shepherds,that lead deeper into darkness?
The Lord need somebody to go for him. His children are dying to young, his families are being torn apart, he need some folks to tell the gospel story.
I heard Isa. say he heard "the voice of the Lord, whom shall I send, and who will go for us? then said I, here am I send me".
The church has already heard the Lord say you are THE SALT OF THE EARTH, AND YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.
The church has already received its commission GO YE THERFORE AND TEACH ALL NATIONS BAPTIZING THEM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON, AND THE HOLY GHOST.
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And lo, I am with you always, even into the end of the world AMEN.