Summary: Jesus and the 10 Commandments
A. THE COMMANDMENTS/LAWS ARE ME
1. A commandment/law is the extension of My existence and is the power or energy by which I operate/manage all life in the universe.
a. I am life and My life gives energy to everything.
b. Atoms (protons, neutrons, and electrons).
c. Cells, the building block of organisms
d. Law of gravity.
e. Even the law (power) of the theory of evolution.
2. A commandment/law is extension of My nature.
a. I love all humans, and I am love. To love is give.
b. I am holy, and all worship Me saying, holy, holy, holy. The opposite is separation of judgement.
3. My commands/laws operate by My ____________.
a. Omnipresence, I am everywhere present, equally, at the same time. Therefore, My commandments/laws operate everywhere.
b. Omniscience, I know all things actual and possible. Therefore, I am present to knowingly operate My commands/laws.
c. Omnipotence, I can do all things doable, therefore, I have the ability to administer the successful operations of My commands/law, and I must punish those breaking My commands/laws.
B. WHAT I SAID ABOUT MY COMMANDMENTS/LAWS
1. I come to earth to perfectly live by the commands. ”I didn’t come to do away with the teachings of the Old Testament, but to fulfill them” (Matthew 5:17).
2. The commandments were written by Me and for Me. “To fulfill the teachings about Me” (Matthew 5:17).
3. My commandments were expressed in My words, and these words can’t be changed. The Sadducees who denied the resurrection debated Me about a woman married 7 times. “Whose wife shall she be.” I said you are wrong because you do not understand the scriptures” (Matthew 22:29). Abraham had been dead 400 years, but I told the Sadducees that I hid Moses, “I am the God of Abraham . . . I am the God of the dead” (Matthew 22:32).
4. My commandments are expressed in letters that make up words that can’t be changed. “Not one dot, or tittle can be changed in the law” (Matthew 5:18).
5. The commandments are about Me, a Person, not just about rules. “The law of the Old Testament . . . fulfilled by Me” (Matthew 5:17).
6. I obeyed the command in letter and spirit. “These Old Testament rules were only a shadow of coming things because they pointed you to Me, who fulfilled these rules” (Col. 2:17).
C. WHAT I DID ABOUT THE COMMANDMENTS
1. Every broken law had to be punished. “The Father punishes everyone for their sins” (Rom. 2:6).
2. I died in your place and took your punishment for the law you broke.
3. I became your sin. “The Father made Me—who never sinned—become your sin” (2 Cor. 5:21).
4. You can become as perfect as Me. “That you might become My righteousness before the Father” (2 Cor. 5:21).
5. I nailed the 10 Commandments to the cross. “I wiped your record clean of all charges against you, forgetting them; by nailing them to My cross” (Col. 2:14).
D. WHAT ABOUT THE COMMANDMENTS NOW?
1. Accept Me and follow Me. “My gift is eternal life” (Rom. 6:23). “But as many as received Me will become the children of the Father” (John 1:12).
2. My commandments are a guide to living.
3. You can follow My commandments as you follow Me. “You can do all things through Me when I strengthen you” (Phil. 4:130.
4. I am your example. “As many as receive Me, walk into My presence” (Col. 2:6).
5. The way I obeyed the 10 commandments is your example. “I left you an example that you should follow My steps. I did not commit one sin, nor was I ever deceitful in anything I said” (1 Peter 1:21-22).
If you have never really accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, would you do it right now? Do not delay or put it off. If you would like to receive Christ by faith, pray this simple prayer in your heart:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins on the cross, and rose again the third day. I repent of my sins. By faith I receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior. You promised to save me, and I believe You, because You are God and cannot lie. I believe right now that the Lord Jesus is my personal Savior, and that all my sins are forgiven through His precious blood. I thank You, dear Lord, for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you prayed that prayer, God heard you and saved you. I personally want to welcome you to the family of God and rejoice with you.
Video presentations of the PBC are available online at trbc.org/pbc
Television Airing Times for the PBC
Go to hopenow.tv for the current program schedule.