Summary: Jesus fills the need in a world that needs Him; can you share your testimony with others?
Jesus fills the need!
- Read John 12:20-26
-- Challenge: What is your witnessing ability? Excellent? Good? Fair? Poor?
-- Deeper: Where are you when the Lord calls out for you to show others His Son?
- Philip knew where to find Jesus through another friend of his
-- He also knew that Andrew would be capable of showing them the Lord
- APP: But, if he was a disciple – why didn’t he know how to show them Jesus?
-- Could it be because he was not prepared to show the Way?
- The title of this message is Jesus fills the need; but I want to look deeper than that
-- Jesus can only fill the need if there are Servants willing to SHOW who He is
- Does your heart yearn to tell people about Jesus? It must! (Expound: Saved to live)
- This world is in dire need of a Savior to be shown to it (Expound: TV, news, etc.)
- After recent world events, we need to be moved from the inside to show people Jesus
- Because of the life we are given, showing Christ needs to be second nature to us
- It is the drive that unites all believers in a common frame of reference; service
Great Commission tells us that all are called:
Matthew 28:18-20, “Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Three things to give you based on men being called to go:
- First, Jesus shows He has the authority to send us out; (whose authority are you under?)
- Second, we are called to “GO” – have of the Word “God” is GO! There is no delay
- Third, we are never alone in the journey to spread the Gospel
- Are you GOING for the Lord, or are you reserving yourself for some other event?
- The Gospel is to be proclaimed, and it can only be proclaimed if each believer does it
- Notice where we are right now; notice the climate of the world – will it get better? (No)
-- Andrew was willing and prepared to show the Gospel because it was who he was
-- Philip was willing, but was not prepared otherwise he would have done it himself
- Jesus fills the need and we are the vessel He needs to deliver it to others
-- Jesus is calling us to be Andrews because the need is so great for deliverance and repentance, according to God’s desire that none should perish …
- So, are you an Andrew (who knows the way), or are you a Philip (who still has to ask)?
- This world needs Andrews in it to FILL THE NEED … are you willing?
- Remember the challenge at the beginning? (What is your witnessing ability?)
- Andrew knew where to find the answer; Are you prepared to give the answer?
- Are you prepared to GO OUT into the harvest for the Lord?